Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Does the employer has right to hold the salary of an employee in case of resign?  (Read 668 times)

Offline shardool

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Please help me to know, whether an employer has right to hold the salary of an employee? If yes then is there any restriction related to number of days whose salary the employer can hold and for how long he can hold. In my company, 1 month is the notice period and 45 days for final settlement after last working day in company. In this way, he will be holding my incentives of earlier month, current month salary and salary of notice period.

Offline riteshmaity

• Professional legal Expert
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
If you have served your notice period of 1 month (as per your terms and conditions) the company cannot hold any salary at all. The salary has to be paid within 7th to 10th of the next month i.e. for the month of june, your salary has to be paid within 10th of july.

Depending on your tenure of service and other details, you are entitled to full and final settlement.
Linkedin -
Labour law blog -
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***
Phone - 91-983-667-9309

Offline rahinn

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Hi sir,
 I am an Employee. I need am advise on my termination from my company. I was told due to uninformed leave i was terminated and they will not be even providing me with the salary that i have worked and relevant documents too. After this step i am mentally disturbed and cant even think about my next step. So, if you will be able to help me . whether i am eligible to get paid or not for the number of days that i have worked for the company.

• Newlaw
    • View Profile

I worked in a Delhi, based educational institution for more than 2 years. But at some moment i faced mental harassment in office which was forced me resign my job.  I want to mention that our salary date is 1st day of next month. I worked there till 13th of next month after sending resignation mail but they intentionally held my salary. they didn't give any reply nor i got any clearance from the Superior and i bound to leave job. After that neither any official communication i receive for leaving the job nor they clear my full & final settlement .i.e. PF settlement & previous month salary. Now after a long time i got reply from HR that they did this as i don't give them notice period of 1 month. Please suggest what can i do?

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India