Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Arrested Under Railway Act 162  (Read 255 times)

Offline topgear

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Arrested Under Railway Act 162
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
My friend traveled a ladies special train by mistake ( W and RPF arrested him. Demanded Rs. 600 under section 162. When he informed railway officials about this as he had not plenty money with him RPF guys got furious and threatened him. Later I got there with money and they told they are releasing him on bail. There was a magistrate present there as per RPF officials. They literally pushed us to sign 3 to 4 forms without giving enough time to read them. They did not give us any receipt for amount paid for bail.

Around 10 days later friend got a call from railway officials inquiring about the incident. My friend told them that he did not had to appear in the court and no one from RPF has yet contacted him. Then they started saying how come my friend did not have to appear in the court. He said no one from RPF contacted him on this nor did he get any such notice to his address. They told my friend to contact the RPF officials of the the station which have arrested him and enquirer about the case.

Now I've some questions :

1. under Section 179 of Railway act any person arrested under section 162 of railway act should be presented to the magistrate within 24 hours which clearly did not happen in this case. So shall my friend need to contact the RPF of the station which has arrested him on his case progress ? The railway officials have told him to do so.

2. As the RPF officials has said they are releasing him on bail [ did not mention how long the bail period is ] and if they call him to appear on court do we need to pay Rs. 500 again on the court As per section 162 or the same will be deducted from the bail amount of Rs. 600 which has been collected before.

I'm not thinking about money I'm only worried about my friend so he does not get into any trouble because of this issue in future.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:58:18 PM by topgear »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India