Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Police inspector threatening to file fir for me entering into in-laws house  (Read 1142 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline veedu

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
After a long struggle of chasing and running behind my husband n failing to find his residence address or any of his contact details, I filed FIR against my husband and in-laws u/s 498a, dp 3&4, 506. Husband and in-laws applied for anticipatory bail and in the bail application they have given false information i.e., complainant have stayed with the petitioners in Madurai at and they have kept her happy but complainant started quarreling with them for reasons best known to her.

Since my husband and my in-laws have stated that I stayed with them in their residence address in the bail application petition and my husband is currently residing at my in-laws house, I went to enter the house. But husband and in-laws pushed me out and plucked my phone, I got injured. My father-in-law called police and they picked me and my husband at night 9pm in the night and did counselling. Next day inspector came and started scolding wife and said FIR will be filed against me if I go to enter my in-law's house where my husband is residing and will remand me, jail me. Inspector says its illegal to enter their house.

1. Can a criminal case be registered on wife if she enters her in-laws place where husband is residing?

2. If so under what section can FIR be lodged?

3. I screamed in pain and agony when husband and in-laws beat me and threw me out of the house.For that police is telling I did galatta in front of my in-laws house that too after I filed a FIR and I will be jailed next time if I go to their house. What should be my next step? I explained to police that in the bail petition they have stated that my husband is also currently residing at their house and he also stated I was in their house in Madurai.

Please reply me.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:56:19 AM by admin »

Offline advshelly

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Karma: +2/-1
  • Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council
    • View Profile
I have read your long posting.

Now just answer one thing what is the outcome you are looking for?

Whatever u have mentioned means you will spend your entire life in a fruitless legal battle.

Sit down ask yourself what you want .

Than make your next post.

I will give you correct solution
Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 687
  • Karma: +20/-17
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
dear ma'am,

no fir can be registered against you for entering your matrimonial home. polourice has no power to stop you from residing inside your matrimonial home.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline Tina79

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Your husband or in laws cannot throw you out of your/their house.It will be considered as physical can only leave the house on your own or they can ask you leave only after divorce.They are legally entitled to protect you until you get divorced incase you wanted it.Policeman's action is not right.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
After going through your post, I felt that it is not suggestible to continue this broken marital tie up. It is better to get rid of from same. File a case under Section 125 of crpc. Ask your husband through your lawyer for Mutual Divorce with permanent alimony.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Police inspector threatening to file fir for me entering into in-laws house
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 12:49:00 AM »
if you still want to join your husband in the matrimonial home you can file a dv case asking for right to residence, monetary relief and protection order against your can claim right to residence only if the husband has some share in the property otherwise your inlaws might quote that and obtain a stay against you from entering their that case also the husband has to rent out a house pay the rent and keep you there providing all the necessary comforts that you were enjoying previously in the matrimonial home


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India