Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Ownership of land  (Read 668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline postbox

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Ownership of land
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »
The fact of the case are as follows:
1. This matter pertains to my property located in Ghaziabad (UP).
2. In 1993-94 my father was looking for a plot of land in Ghaziabad and happen to meet Mr.Yadav who was allotted a plot by GDA (Ghaziabad Development Authority).
3. My father paid Rs. 5000 as advance payment and a conveyance deed (bainama) was made and signed by Mr.Yadav and My father. In the conveyance deed Mr.Yadav stated to have received Rs. 5000 and agreed to give possessions of plot after receiving another Rs.70,000. The conveyance deed was registered in the office of Sub-registrar.
4. Next week my father paid Rs.70,000 and Mr.Yadav made a general power of attorney in the name of my mother. The general power of attorney gave all the powers to manage the land including sale of plot in future. Subsequently a  sale deed was also registered at the office of sub-registrar, GDA between my mother (PoA holder) and GDA ( and not Mr.Yadav). The stamp duty and free hold fee was paid by my father to GDA. My mother purchased the land from GDA as power of attorney holder of Mr.Yadav.
5. My father built a house on the plot in 1996 and our family started living. I and my brother are still living and occupying this house with our families. In 2004 my mother died and later my father also died in 2010.
6. We are living in the same house and paying property tax, water tax every year to GDA. There is no dispute between us.  For 20 years we are living on this land and house build by my father.
I want to know how we can become owner of this plot or sell this land (property).

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 197
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Ownership of land
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »
First of all you have to do mutation of property, to get the property name transferred to both you and your brothers name.

go to the registrars office and get this mutation done.

now before you get the mutation done you have to get the legal Heir certificate done too.

for all this you may not be able to do it yourself.

when you visit the property registars office that is the SDM's office in some places you will see lawyers around there look out for someone reliable and get it done through them.
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Ownership of land
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India