Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Child maintenance  (Read 1562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sunilkumar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Child maintenance
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »
Help needed please. I have applied for the divorce on cruelty basis and granted by district court. My ex-wife has filed a plea against this order in Chandigarh high court in 2014. Her maintenance application has been rejected both in district court and high court. Divorce case is still pending for next hearing date from 1.5 year. Now they have filed child maintenance case in local family court on behalf of my son.
I don't have any objection to give money for my son's maintenance.
My question is - My wife is JBT qualified government teacher earning 40,000-45,000 Per month. I am guest lecturer in government college and earn 17,000 per month. During college holidays, I don't get any salary (3 months holiday in college).
How much court can ask me to pay for maintenance of child and can she go to family court for her maintenance again if her case was rejected by distt. and high court.
She lied in her documents submitted in family court about her salary as 20,000 PM and mine as 25000 PM. and asked maintenance of 12,000 for child and 15000 for herself. According to her document i earned 25000 and she asked maintenance of 27000 PM.
I don't want to hire a lawyer again, is there a way to represent my case in the court.

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 884
  • Karma: +25/-20
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Child maintenance
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:46:41 AM »
Dear Mr. Sunil,

Please file a reply taking all these grounds along with attaching the judgment of the lower court as well as high court where wife maintenance application has been already rejected. Please do attach your salary slip and wife salary slip or any other statement where her salary slip is there.

There are so many judgments, where court has directed to share the equal responsibility of the child by father and mother in their proportion of income. Rely on these judgments.

Please do retain a lawyer who can assist you better in the court. I know you can do but you cannot become a lawyer.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline sunilkumar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Child maintenance
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:29:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I will act upon your advice.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Child maintenance
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 12:46:57 AM »
In addition to above you can send RTI to her job place and ask her salary slip. You can also ask her income tax IT file at the time of cross examination to determine her salary. Above all you cannot escape from responsibilities to maintain your child

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India