Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Property  (Read 793 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sunilkumar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:09:14 AM »
My father died 2 years ago with a registered will. He gave 50% share to my mother, 10% to my son, 10% to sister and 30% to other brother in his residential property(self earned). I was not given any share in the property. Now my mother wants to sell the property and wants to distribute the sale proceedings as per her wish.

What is the procedure for this process to not to have any trouble as she doesn't want to give money to my ex-wife.
my brother and sister have no objection from this arrangement.

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Property
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:00:23 AM »
According to Section 14 of Hindu succession Act, a property in possession of a woman is her absolute property and she can deal with the property in any which manner so desired by her.
Your mother can sell her share of property to whomsoever she wishes.
As a guardian of your son, you can sign the sale deed along with your mother, brother and sister.
The challenge is if your son is staying with your ex-wife, then she can challenge the sale as a guardian and next friend of the minor son.
So the best option would be to keep the 10% share of the sale proceeds in a bank fixed deposit in the name of the son.
Even if your ex-wife goes to court, you can always showcase the Fixed deposit in the name of the son and get her legal claim nullified.
Another option would be to go to court and take court permission by stating that 10% of sale proceeds will be kept in bank fixed deposit in the name of son and then go ahead of the sale.
Better to go with option 1 wherein you sign the sale deed, park the 10% of sale proceeds in the name of the son and if challenged in court produce the fixed deposit as proof.
Hope this helps.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Property
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »
To make it more simple, your father left WILL. Now WILL has no legal effect until it has been probate. So, if Probate of WILL is not being applied before competent court, then you can suppress it and tear it away. Therefore, present scenario will be: You, your siblings and your mother will be deemed to be owner of the property left by your father. Now, you all can sell out the same without any harassment or legal complication.

For further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Property
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India