Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Transfer of property to parents  (Read 827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline needysoul

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Transfer of property to parents
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
Can I transfer my house in my name to my parents. If yes, what charges/stamp duty and tax needs to paid by me and my property inn New Delhi. Can you please explain with an example of property value being Rs.30 lac.

Thank you

Offline advarjun

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 169
  • Karma: +8/-0
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer of property to parents
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »
Yes you can transfer  your property to your parents name. for that you need to visit your registrar's office to check the stamp duty. they will give you the prescribed form.
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer of property to parents
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »
It will be very prove of novice lawyer who will give you example as you asked for. If you wish to transfer your property in favour of your parent then you have to pay Stamp Duty and Registration Fee as prescribed in the Stamp Duty Act prevailing in Delhi. Your presumption of market value is not a valid. Contact near Registrar Office and get an assessment slip in respect of concern property

In west bengal S/D - 0.5% and R/F - 1.1% on total valuation given by the Registrar.
in Maharastra: S/D and R/F is Rs.200/- only

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Transfer of property to parents
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India