Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Notice Period Payout  (Read 888 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aditigokhale

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Notice Period Payout
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:57:29 AM »
Hello Experts,

I am new to this site and recently run into a bit of trouble with my now former employer.

I was working for XYZ, I joined them on 8th August. I have now accepted the offer from another company and resigned with my previous company. According to a common clause in appointment letter.

"....Similarly, during the Probation Period, should you wish to resign from your services, you will be required to provide a prior written notice of thirty (thirty) days or payment of salary in lieu thereof...."

Now I am happy to serve the notice period, although I had requested for earlier release. Since I work at the client's site, they have confirmed with my co that they dont need me anymore and so my company now feels there is no need for them to have me working with them beyond this date.

Inspite of this, the HR has shoved the clause at my face and confirms that since I am relieved early I would have to payout. Since I had resigned before my salary for August was paid, they have held on to my salary and confirm that I would not get any money, since I am being relieved early and that is what the clause says.

My question is: Isn't the clause meant to be if the employee is unwilling to serve the notice period or not if the employer decides to waive off the notice period. I am only interested in getting paid until the day I worked, not for the notice period of anything.

What sort of legal help can I get?

Thank you

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India