Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Can my mother sell the property or write will according her wish?  (Read 531 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sridhar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Can my mother sell the property or write will according her wish?
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:24:25 AM »
We belongs to hindu religion...we are from andhrapradesh state..
my mother got some property.I explain how did she got property....
my mother's grand father(father's father) name is ramulu....he had  self earned property.he has 3 sons and 3 daughters.
he died in 1947 without distributing property and he didn't write any will...
his sons names are somulu,kotayya and rajayya....somulu is his elder son.somulu got marry and he has 2 daughters.
somulu also died in 1950 due to health that time his 2 daughters are minors...their age is 4yrs and 2yrs...
after 1 year of his(somulu) death....ramulu's property devided  into 3 parts and 3 son's took the their property and
they wrote settlement deed.
In 1951 ramulu's other 2 son's kotayya and rajayya wrote settlement deed to somulu's family(somulu wife and
and 2 minor daughters) ...they wrote settlement deed like this...somulu's wife can only enjoy fruits of the property and
 she can't sell,donate gift to anyone...after her death.. her daughter's get the peroperty they can have full rigjhts
(selling,donating ,gifting etc full rights)....  like this they wrote settlment deed in 1951...
after that in 1987 somulu's wife died and her 2 daughters got the equal of the daughter is my mother..
my mother has 2 sons and 1 daughter...all are majors mother got 2 acre agricultire land and one commercial plot
my mother is paying taxes in her name....her age is 65 years now.
now my question is my mother can wrtie will accoring her wish? or
can my mother sell the property without her children singnatures? if she sells the property without her children's  singnatures...can her children challenge in court? or
can she gift her whole property to only one son through gift deed? if it happned..can other children challenge the gift deed in court?
I contacted many lawyers in hyd...different lawyers are telling different opinions...
pls study my case and  tell correct ans....

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Can my mother sell the property or write will according her wish?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:49:41 AM »
It is not possible to give you accurate reply without seeing the Settlement Deed. But Basic law is if one person is an owner of a property, that person can do whatever he/she wishes to dispose of it in anyone's favour. No one has right to poke his or her nose in such transaction

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India