Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: In laws threatening to file case  (Read 694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline NarendraKotha

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
In laws threatening to file case
« on: September 11, 2016, 11:24:15 PM »
I am Narendra R Kothapalli, I was married this year on the 28th of February, after 3 months of marriage(of which only 14 days were spent in co-habitation), her parents feel that our values are incompatible with their own, when we tried to reconcile with them, they insulted us and demanded "compensation", when we inflicted no physical or mental harm on her.

A month after the separation, they threatened to file a fake 498A, dowry harassment case, we decided to call their bluff, and sure enough, a month later, they stood down. The thing is, that they are a very orthodox family, and hence, want an immediate divorce, before the end of this year,  and keep telling us to come to their native place, in order to proceed with the divorce.
We told them, that through mutual consent, it would not be possible for the divorce to be final within this year, and we also have no desire to fall into their trap by going to their native place, so they have renewed their threats, it seems that they seek the non-mutual route, and could file a fake dowry harassment.

What legal measures should the Husband and his family take, other than just countering their threats??, could you please help us in this regard??

Thanks and Regards,
Narendra R Kothapalli

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 700
  • Karma: +20/-17
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: In laws threatening to file case
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:15:43 AM »
Dear Mr. Narendra,

You may file a NCR reporting to the local police station in your area that your wife has left your company on ________ along with her entire stridhan and articles and not ready to join your company. If you are willing to work out the marriage then file for RCR or else wait for one year to complete to file for mutual consent divorce.

There is nothing else i can suggest looking at the facts of the case as it may put ghee in fire by filing more cases.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: In laws threatening to file case
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:12:22 AM »
immediately lodge a general diary/ written complaint before local police station with details of fact and keep mum. It is better to send some monthly maintenance to your wife through money order if she is jobless. Within the first year of marriage no divorce petition can be filed. try to convince them to get divorce at your local jurisdiction of court.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Advocate Ashok Yadav

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: In laws threatening to file case
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
There are Multiple option available to you and You can come out crystal clear without any harassment and embarrassment such as
1. Police complaint ,
2. You can also file Dowry case against your wife as per law,
3. Complaint filed by wife against husband and in-laws for Dowry are not so easy as of now.
4. Matrimonial case for divorce in family court if you want Divorce.

many remedies are there
There are other various legal remedies available to you as per law.
I assure there is nothing to be afraid for your wife cruelty etc against you and we can take many steps which will safeguard your future, mental trauma etc from many hurdles.

Advocate Ashok Yadav




File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India