Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Foreigner marrying an Indian girl.  (Read 474 times)

Offline meeker

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Foreigner marrying an Indian girl.
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »
Hi all,

Good day to all.

My name is Meeker, I'm holding Afghanistan passport living in Saudi Arabia. I studied my bachelor in India and worked for more than 2 years, my staying period was from 2010 to 2016 right now I'm back to SA. however, I have an Indian girlfriend and I want to marry her. can I know the legal procedure for an Afghani to marry an Indian? I'm also hoping to settle down in India - Bangalore. Please advise on the procedure and how long it might take ??

Thanks in advance. 

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Foreigner marrying an Indian girl.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »
Dear Mr. Meeker,

You need to take NOC (no objection certificate ) from your embassy. Then file a joint application before registrar of marriage in india, at the place where girl is residing under special marriage act for solemnisation of marriage.

There are documents and formalities but the marriage will be performed. Please tell the girl to find out from the registrar of marriage in her area, where she is residing.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline meeker

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Dear Mr. Meeker,

You need to take NOC (no objection certificate ) from your embassy. Then file a joint application before registrar of marriage in india, at the place where girl is residing under special marriage act for solemnisation of marriage.

There are documents and formalities but the marriage will be performed. Please tell the girl to find out from the registrar of marriage in her area, where she is residing.

Regards,

Dear Mr. Bansal,

Thank you so much for your reply and assistance appreciate it. I have some more queries if you don't mind helping me through,

The NOC can I get it from my embassy in India or do I have to get from the embassy in Saudi Arabia before I travel to India?
What do you mean by file a joint application?
My girlfriend is from Shillong but she is staying in Bangalore for now as she is studying and working there.
Can she send me a marriage invitation so that I can get a visa to travel to India or what kind of visa I should come with to India?
After getting married do I need to renew my visa every now and then or how to settle down legally in India?
How long the procedure might take?

Once again thank you so much.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:03:02 AM »
Dear Sir,

The NOC can be obtained from your country or india, there is no difference.

Joint application means that the application having the signature of both the girl and boy. there is a form for solemnisation of marriage under special marriage act. You have to fill the form along with all relevant documents. Both girl and boy needs to be present at the time of filing of the application and at the time of solemnisation of the marriage. There is 30 days gap between filing of the application and solemnisation of marriage as per the act.

There is no such visa for marriage as i understand. You may need to come on tourist visa then perform your marriage and after marriage apply for spouse visa. If your girlfriend is residing and working in Bangalore then she may have some residence proof of bangalore where she is residing and hence the marriage can be solemnised in Bangalore. As one party i.e. (the girl) has to reside for 30 days within the local area of the registrar of marriage before filing of the application. Only one party, hence you are not required to stay there for 30 days. You only need to visit the office for filing of the application and then performance of the marriage.

For completing the marriage it may take 30 to 35 days.

Regards,

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline meeker

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:31:12 AM »
Dear Sir,

The NOC can be obtained from your country or india, there is no difference.

Joint application means that the application having the signature of both the girl and boy. there is a form for solemnisation of marriage under special marriage act. You have to fill the form along with all relevant documents. Both girl and boy needs to be present at the time of filing of the application and at the time of solemnisation of the marriage. There is 30 days gap between filing of the application and solemnisation of marriage as per the act.

There is no such visa for marriage as i understand. You may need to come on tourist visa then perform your marriage and after marriage apply for spouse visa. If your girlfriend is residing and working in Bangalore then she may have some residence proof of bangalore where she is residing and hence the marriage can be solemnised in Bangalore. As one party i.e. (the girl) has to reside for 30 days within the local area of the registrar of marriage before filing of the application. Only one party, hence you are not required to stay there for 30 days. You only need to visit the office for filing of the application and then performance of the marriage.

For completing the marriage it may take 30 to 35 days.

Regards,

Thank you so much sir for your time, reply and information.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India