Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Builder not paying electricity bills  (Read 1411 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gr. Noida Flat Owner

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gr. Noida Flat Owner
    • View Profile
Builder not paying electricity bills
« on: September 14, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »
I'm a resident of a society in Gr. Noida. There are around 1200 families living in our society. The builder was supposed to get CC (Completion Certificate) for our society around 2 yrs ago but the builder never got CC until now. So non of the ~1200 flat owners were able to register our flats with the Gr. Noida authority as the builder never got CC.
Anyways, the problems are endless in our society. Now the major issue is basic amenities like electricity, water, security etc. The builder has been collecting money from all the flat owners for electricity and maintaince etc. But the builder has NOT been paying the due bills for electricity (NPCL) nor has been paying for other basic amenities like security etc. Most of us have paid to the builder using cheques & have the receipts also issued by the builder for the same. However when we check the pending bills for NPCL it runs into lakhs and lakhs.
Now the problem is we can't form RWA as we are not the registered owners of our houses. So we need to pay to the builder but he doesn't pay to NPCL due to which our power has been cut several times due to non-payment by the builder.
I would like to know can we quickly get an order from court OR consumer forum so that we residents can collect money from all the house owner and pay directly to NPCL. Basically we NO longer want to pay to the builder but instead pay directly to NPCL individually OR collectively.

Offline advbose

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 184
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Builder not paying electricity bills
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:16:30 AM »
yes you should approach the consumer forum regarding the electricity bill issue.

But what is most striking without completion certificate how are you occupying these flats. that is illegal.

Since you in greater Noida you should contact adv.choudhury he is a good friend of mine, here is his ph no: 9873628941

Offline Gr. Noida Flat Owner

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Gr. Noida Flat Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Builder not paying electricity bills
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:08:22 AM »
Hi Advbose,

Thanks a lot  for your reply.

Its not just me but around 1200 families have been living without CC in my society. We all moved in after paying the full amount including the last 5% of possession amount to the builder.  Builder has been collecting maintenance and electricity bills from us and most of us have paid this money in cheque in last 2 yrs. So we all have been living with the builder being fully aware of it. And lastly, we all moved in only after builder gave us the permission so if you look at it from a legal point of view then builder is at much greater fault. Also this is exactly what the builder uses to harass and blackmail us. Every time we ask the builder to pay the pending NPCL bills, he tells us to vacate our houses for staying without CC. Now the main point is if builder was not prepared to give us possession then why did he collect last 5% of possession amount from around 1200 flat owners.

Right now our main fight is to get basic amenities(electricity + security). My question to you is as right now we can't pay directly to NPCL due to CC not done yet. If we go to consumer forum and show them full documentary proofs that even though we have been paying our electricity bills to the builder, he hasn't paid it to NPCL. So we want to form RWA OR any collective body of ours so that we can pay directly to NPCL, do you think we can get this order from consumer forum to do this much at least.


Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India