Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Domestic violence  (Read 737 times)

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Domestic violence
« on: September 18, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »
Hi, my husband is in uttarpradesh and I am in chennai. I am working and not comfortable to go with my husband hence stayed back with my mom in the house which my husband and me were living. He comes alternate weekends to visit me.But never spends time. Now it is 1 year and he is forcing me to resign my job and come there for the reason to cook and take care of him and not go out anywhere. We had a discussion and told him strong that I can not come and he can search job and come back to chennai again.

But recently his relatives (two elder women) came to talk with my mother when I am not in house which my husband is aware of it. But luckily I came back home which my husband and the relatives does not know. I informed my mother to sit silent in her room and I spoke to them. They were forcing me to go with him resigning my job. They are giving the reasons as below:

Not having child
Not doing work for him
Why am I falling sick often
I should resign my job immediately and go back with my husband
I should not get in touch with my family members
I have to talk only to my husband's family and they are my family
They will involve in all issues coming inbetween me and my husband as they got rights to do that
If I need my family members then I should have stayed back without marrying my husband and why did I do that and spoiled his life
He can not leave job because he is earning more than me and I have to resign and stayback home as a girl because they are doing these all 50 years for their husband

All the above complaints they logged on me and my husband did not open his mouth at all. The two ladies where asking me such more questions which I finally told that whatever happens I will not go out the house and leave my husband as it is a love marriage. This is the second incident

First incident is the same 50 year old lady went to my brothers house to say that I should leave my husband as the relationship is not going fine which was complained by my husband.My brother got that lady to me and I spoke to her , she spoke to me as though understood everything but when came again to my home when my husband is with me she spoke differently complaining that I should leave my mother alone and live with my husband resigning the job forever.

They have given me two months time to vacate the house and go to my husband resigning my job. I dont know what to do, they have locked me in a way that either I have to live with my husband or divorce him .Please advice, as I can not go back to my husbands place leaving the job. My husband is playing double game , he said that will come back with me but in other way informed his family members that I have to resign and come to him. Not sure if the relatives is looking for the house to be vacated or vacate me from my husband's life itself. I really dont know why I should do that when I did not do anything wrong other than marrying him when all my family members got convinced that he will take care of me well.

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Domestic violence
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:44:17 PM »
In continuation to my above comments I have to say that we got married 10 years now, and my husband's elder brother left his wife after 35 years torturing her to leave the house and she came out of the house to keep her safe as he was beating and giving mental tortures. They have a son. They are living seperately. His elder brother need this house. We already gave one house to his niece (sister), and they are looking for this house as well so that my husband's brother can come and stay here with his mother and lead a happy life. His elder brother is having more influence and with his guidance my husband is planning to drive my mother out of the house first and then me which I noticed with all the actions.I told my husband to adopt a baby and give me in two months so that I will leave everything and come to him , he is not accepting for that as well. He said okay when In chennai with me but after going to Uttarpradesh is rejects that. I am finding insecure with my hushand to go and stay alone in a place where I dont know anyone because he does not take care of me when I am sick. If i m not well he will not come near me or take me to the doctor. If I am asking anything or calling him for any help he never responds will give excuses and run aways. He never allowed me to come to their house at all for the 1 year though I forced myself to go there. The relatives are compalining that I never came to their house and checkd for once in all these 10 years which is not true, I used to go to their house, eat there talk to them. In front of another person they say that I am not coming or talking to them at all. My husband leaves the house by night 9 pm and comes back at 11.30 pm everyday when he come to chennai saying that he is in his relative's house. When I asked them this they say that he never came there but I was talking to them on phone and they said he was there.

I really dont know why they are doing all these issues for no reason and my husband playing games.

This is my second marriage. My first marriage is corrupted for a dowry issue. This I was not interested but my husband convinced all my family members and I was forced to marry him having good feeling that he loves me and I did liked him lots. But now that is the other way around.

Please advice! as my husband is getting issues wantedly every weekend whenever he come home. I am getting totally upset because of all his ignoing behavior on me.I am getting mentally tortured. When he leaves to Uttarpradesh I feel that all my energy is drained and nothing is left over because of mental harrasment.

I dont want to divorce again but dont know what to do as all people around me in husbands home are playing games. My mother stayed back to save me as I am getting mentally upset on all these things. Do advice me.Thanks

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »
who is the owner of the house. It is owned by husband or rented one.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:35:00 AM »
My husband and Myself as per the loan agreement in bank.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 03:50:03 AM »
Dear Ma'am,

If you are the joint owner of the property then you don't have to leave the house. You can continue to reside in the property. rest its up to you whether you wish to join the company of your husband leaving your job etc.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 02:18:25 AM »
Thank you! But my husband is torturing me through his relatives forcing me to leave house and go with him. I know that once I vacated this house will leave my hand and my husband will divorce me for sure.But I dont want to leave the house or either divorce from him as well.

I really dont know how to handly this situation. My husband is playing double game and I do not get any loop hole to lock him as he is making use of his elder people to get involved so that he get splitted from me forever and they can come back to this house as well.Please advice is there any law to stop them keep torturing in the way of forcing a person to do what they dont want it.

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 02:23:25 AM »
I need a suggestion to stop my husbands elder relatives not coming home and getting involved in all issues with me and husband, so that he can keep quite .He is not even allowing to adopt a baby as well and blaming on me that I am not cooperating with him. After doctor's checkup he is aware something is wrong with him but he is not coming out of it.He is escaping on all these things with elder women's support.His family members as well did not take any steps to initiate for the doctor as they dont want him to have baby which they have informed him as well. But now when I am trying to take steps these ladies are confusing my mind and driving me out of my husbands life as well.

Really unable to come to an idea if they have already fixed a girl for my husband as I am not interested to give him my property share through my mother. Please advice how to handle these situation.

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:27:13 AM »
Just wondering if they are planning to get money through my people if they torture me like on divorce and forcing me to leave the house.Can this be stopped.My husband always keeps his fingers crossed because if one issue I am resolving , he is getting more issues again. I am not being peaceful on marrying him but because of this I can not leave him as well which I dont want to do ..Every weekend he comes is a mind torture for me as he always ignores me which is more of hurting a lot.

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »
Can anyone advice me on my query please.thanks

Offline ushadevi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 02:56:20 AM »
Hi Jai sir can you please advise me on my query .Thanks

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 05:52:54 AM »
Dear Madam,

You may file a domestic violence petition against your husband. Everything will come to a peace and no one will come and bother you for anything.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India