Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Lapsed Power of Attorney  (Read 935 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rao

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Lapsed Power of Attorney
« on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:17 PM »
   I thank this forum for joining me into it.  I am posting this to know certain facts before approaching a lawyer. In the year 1997 my Uncle and his wife wrote a letter asking me to sell their land in chennai. I had made arrangements for the sale and took Power of Attorney from my Uncle who owned it. He also gave a letter for full and final payment against the power given. Based on the power I had started selling the land in small parts . Almost 80% of plots were sold, then a tragedy struck where my Uncle  died in a road accident in the year 2000. There after to sell remaining plots I had approached my uncĺe's wife and she was in deep griefliving with two minor children aged 11 and 9. She told me then she is upset and cannot come to register properties in Chennai as she was residing in AP and finish registering and had given a letter towards that.  Therefore with the existing defunct power I proceeded to register remaining plots.  Now this year her son has started claiming on the land sold after his father's death. He says he will file criminal charges on me. With the existing papers I hold kindly advice me on this.

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 902
  • Karma: +25/-20
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Lapsed Power of Attorney
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:05 AM »
Dear Sir,

You stated that you have the letter from the wife authorising you to sell the property. I hope that may solve your future trouble. This is the only defence left in your favour. I hope you were not registering the property on the basis of the power of attorney of your uncle after his death.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India