Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: transfer of joint owned property  (Read 730 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sami5385

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
transfer of joint owned property
« on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:06 AM »

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have a property in Thane, Maharashtra. Jointly owned by my Father and me.
It has my Father's name as first owner and my name as co-owner.

I have home loan on this property from ICICI bank, all the original documents are in ICICI bank's custody.

My father wants to remove his name from property and transfer the ownership solely to me alone.
I have few questions regarding this.
- What will be the procedure to execute this agreement?
- How much I will have to spend to execute this?
- Is it possible to execute this when all earlier original documents are in bank's custody?
- What if I take MOU and POA signed from my father and register? Can this be alternate/substitute approach/option to the executing new agreement?

Please guide

- Sameer

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: transfer of joint owned property
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:38:02 AM »
In spite of original deed is in the custody of financial institution/ bank as Mortgage and your father is willing to remove his name from the property in question, there is no provision in the law to withdraw his name from a deed of conveyance save and except he has to transfer his half share in your favour by way of registered Deed of Gift which is the best and cheapest way to fulfill his wish.

I do not know in which state you are from so it is not possible to tell me a tentative cost of same as it varies from state to state local laws.

For further consultation in details and drafting of deed of gift you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: transfer of joint owned property
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:38:02 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India