Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Please help.. Abandoned by husband and his family.  (Read 641 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LivingInHope

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Please help.. Abandoned by husband and his family.
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
I am married since 2009. Both me and my husband were in Australia for past 6 years. We also have a 3 year old baby girl. I had a small job in Australia which paid me really little. All my finances are controlled by my husband. He also have anger issues and is also physically abusive.  I had been beaten many times till I drop on the floor unconcious even during pregnancy. Had a police intervention at Australia one time, when he hit me hard and sent me bleeding. He was issued a protection order by  Aussie police and was asked to stay away from me and baby for 48 hours. We also had several episodes of family counselling on my initiative. Nothing seem to have any effect on him.
Finally just like he always wanted, he got his first big break to enter US with a good job offer. We shifted to US. On second day of his new job, he said he is having issues at work place and he is going to look out for another jobs around US, so he is sending me and baby to India. Me and baby came back to India within one month of moving to US. He gave me $70 in hand and an ATM card, which had 0 balance. He never called us after we reached India. Nor did he send any money for our expenses. One month after me reaching India, He called my mother saying, he don't want to continue this marriage as I have relationship with many men. My mom asked him to talk to my father and he disconnects the call. We never heard back from him there after. He still hold my certificates, baby's birth certificates. He transfered all of my little saving from my account to his account. Right now I am pennyless and completely dependent on my aging parents even for my baby's needs. I come from an average middle class family.
He is a highly intelligent man, who holds a strong position at work. His family have totally ignored me and baby after us reaching India. They never answer my calls or talk to my family. I can't find a work in India because he holds my certificates.

What should I do to get justice ?

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 666
  • Karma: +19/-17
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Please help.. Abandoned by husband and his family.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 01:39:24 AM »
Dear Ma'am.

As if now file a case for maintenance against him immediately for survival and issue legal notices. For recovery of amount and other compensation you can file Domestic Violence Petition. If nothing works then you may also file a criminal case under section 498A for cruelty. Please do mention about the beating which took place in foreign country and attach the documents if there is any.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Please help.. Abandoned by husband and his family.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
You have to file a case under Section 125 as well as FIR under 498A against your husband. You have file those tactfully otherwise sending summon to foreign land is very tough practically.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India