Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Husband Not Agreeing for Marriage counselling  (Read 1115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline eshwartt

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Husband Not Agreeing for Marriage counselling
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:25:29 AM »

I am posting this Query on behalf of my sister, My Brother-in-law and my sister got married around 4 years ago, they have a baby girl of 3 years, Their marriage went on happily for a year and problems started popping up from third year onward, My Brother-in-law is always moody, doesn't communicate well even with his wife, would be in his own world since his marriage, We felt that it is his nature and never took it seriously, during second year of their marriage, major there is a dispute happened between my sister & brother-in-law due to intervention of sister of my brother-in-law in their family matters and my brother-in-law tried to commit suicide (ate little rat poison intentionally - which is of not a legal dose) just to save his sister and stop the issue, Later Me and my father united them, after getting approval from his sister's husband that she would not intervene in their family matters in any manner, so, my sister & my brother-in-law started their life again, during fourth year, my brother-in-law started beating my sister in their bedroom almost everyday saying reason that she is in not hearing to his words, but behave as good boy before House maid and his parents, While my sister used to lose her temper due to this and started behaving in arrogant manner even with her in-laws, one fine day he sent E-mails with a suicide letter again to all his friends, and intentionally to In-line manager of my sister and cut his arm in his office, he was admitted to hospital by company HR and was immediately removed from service, at present he is in job searching.  In-line Manager of my sister's company is also present in the E-mails list, troubles started at my sister's workplace and she is dropped from project citing family issues, no increments in salary, leading her to leave her job for new one due to his mail. I've personally enquired his friends and ex-colleagues, they said by nature he is moody, doesn't communicate well, would always see ceiling thinking something and never a good employee in office as well, always used to bad-mouth my sister while they felt otherwise.

He rarely visited his daughter, never called my wife any time & after gap of 3 months, Me, my parents and his parents came to a conclusion that my sister and my brother-in-law need Family counselling and specially my brother-in-law needs psychological treatment as he had attempted suicide for 2 times for no big reasons,  We approached him and his parents, He is saying that fault is with my sister and he is perfectly fine, He is saying that my sister is arrogant, doesn't respect elders, she is too fast, it seems after 4 years ... My sister agreed for Family Counselling provided if she can speak on  issues that she is facing due to his behaviour, While looks like he is afraid to face a counsellor and not agreeing.

My Brother-in-law doesn't have any other bad habits and My sister wants to stay in marriage provided her husband's  issues are resolved and she is ready to change if there are any issues found in her.

Please advice us how to get my Brother-in-law for marriage counselling and Psychological evaluation.
Please help us on how to proceed legally if my brother-in-law is not agreeing to address his issues.


Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 228
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Husband Not Agreeing for Marriage counselling
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »
Your sister can file for pre litigation mediation in high court to resolve the issues.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Husband Not Agreeing for Marriage counselling
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Either of spouse cannot force his/ her mates to go for counselling which itself proves cruelty. when a person is not willing to continue marital tie then they must get of out same rather dragging the same. On the same platform husband is responsible to pay monthly alimony as agreed or by judicial order to wife.

So, you can ask your sister to file a positive legal steps by filing a suit for restitution of Conjugal Rights. On failure to comply the RCR order, she has no option rather she has to file a suit for divorce. In the meantime she must claim monthly maintenance for herself and her child.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India