Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Non-Payment of Gratuity ( Next Step?)  (Read 153 times)

Offline roy

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Non-Payment of Gratuity ( Next Step?)
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
Steps followed so far, after layoff:
Number of days worked: 4 years 237 days. I was in IT and the company had 5 working days.

1) Sent employer form "I" claiming gratuity, annexure in Payment of Gratuity Act 1972. Sent email reminders, no response for 2 months. (Registered post, received acknowledgement)
2) Sent form "N" to Assistant Labor Commissioner of designated area, no reply or any change after a month of receiving application.(Registered post, received acknowledgement)

What should I do next?

Wait for reply from Labor Commissioner? If yes for how long? If no, should i file an RTI to Labour department of the respective region?

Or

Should I file a case in Labour Court in Karnataka? If yes how to go about it? Do I need to hire a lawyer?

Or

Should I file a case in Consumer Court? If yes how to go about it and is there a need to hire a lawyer?

Offline riteshmaity

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
Re: Non-Payment of Gratuity ( Next Step?)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:11:56 AM »
REPLY IN BOLD

What should I do next?

Wait for reply from Labor Commissioner? If yes for how long? If no, should i file an RTI to Labour department of the respective region?
Labour Commissioner will send a notice to both parties intimating the next date of hearing. There is no fixed time frame for sending such notice. It is totally administrative work. But you can personally visit the labour office and enquiry the exact status of your case and even 'convince' them to send notice at the earliest. First do this step and thereafter you can go to the RTI route.

Or

Should I file a case in Labour Court in Karnataka? If yes how to go about it? Do I need to hire a lawyer?
Since you have already filed the case through FORM N, there is no need to file further. Labour courts generally do not have jurisdiction to hear gratuity cases unless otherwise provided. Under the gratuity act, controlling authority (ALC) have been vested with the power to hear gratuity matters. Whether you will hire a lawyer or not, is entirely upto your requirement and financial ability. But lawyers can be hired to defend your case even before controlling authority too. Even if you appear in person, it is suggested that you get the drafting done by a lawyer.

Or

Should I file a case in Consumer Court? If yes how to go about it and is there a need to hire a lawyer?
You are not a consumer. Consumer forum does not have any jurisdiction and payment of gratuity act has provided a special authority to hear such matter.
Linkedin - https://in.linkedin.com/in/riteshmaity
Labour law blog - www.labourlawhub.com
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***gmail.com
Phone - 91-983-667-9309

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India