Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Married Daughter's right in ancestral property  (Read 1099 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shakti555

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Married Daughter's right in ancestral property
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »
My father had sold an ancestral land in the month of June and all formalities were completed subsequently. During past one year our relations with my Brother in law soured as he was not returning the borrowed money. As my brother in-law came to know about land being sold he had convinced my sister and she has sent a notice in December via SDM claiming land was sold without her knowledge and consent and she wants her share.
As per my understanding married Daughter's too have right in ancestral property but not sure about once it's sold and claim coming after few months later. My father is not willing to give anything and is thinking of disowning my sister but I feel it won't help as it's ancestral property.

Q1. Wanted to know what legal option do we have.

Q2.Around 25% land was purchased by my Grandfather and as per my knowledge that is not considered as Ancestors property but we don't have any documents as it was bought 50 years back. is there any possibility for this purchased land to get exemption.

Q3. Is there any share of mother too in case we have to get money divided or only I, my father and sister will have share.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Note: currently I am working in Kolkata but land was in UP and my family also stays there only.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India