Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Wife left with no communication  (Read 1013 times)

Offline bhatla

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Wife left with no communication
« on: December 19, 2016, 05:47:54 AM »
Hello Sir,
We got married in Dec 2013.
Few months ago my wife lost 17 tolas of gold while travelling in a train to her paternal home (the gold was gifted to her by my parents in our wedding). Up on reaching her home, her mother called me up and told that the ornaments were missing. Then i asked my Father-in-law to file a police complaint and he did so (as i was in a different city). After a few days at our home we (me & my wife's) had an argument and she started saying that me & my parents have stolen the gold. Then i told her it is possible that you might have given it to someone willingly, also it was your duty to keep it safe while traveling as you have not told me that you were carrying such amount of jewelry. So an argument broke between us and she left telling me that she would not want to see me again, packing all her items including some valuables at our home. After a couple of days i messaged and told her that we should stop fighting and live happily and start over. And also mailed her in detail to come back. But there was no response from her or her parents. Its been 4 months since she left me and we have not seen each other. Recently she removed me from the social networking sites too. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MUTUAL DIVORCE IS POSSIBLE (if we both give our consent) WITHIN 6-8 MONTHS (including the cooling period) FROM THE DATE OF FILING? OR IS IT MANDATORY FOR BOTH OF US TO STAY APART FOR MINIMUM OF AN YEAR?? Thanks in advance!!

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Wife left with no communication
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MUTUAL DIVORCE IS POSSIBLE (if we both give our consent) WITHIN 6-8 MONTHS (including the cooling period) FROM THE DATE OF FILING? OR IS IT MANDATORY FOR BOTH OF US TO STAY APART FOR MINIMUM OF AN YEAR??

It is mandatory to stay apart for one year after than both can file Mutual Divorce Petition.

***Isn't too quick to break a marital tie up with a petty issue? I think you should go for mediation before District Legal Service Aid.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline advbose

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
Yes one year separation is compulsory.
Its amazing to know 17 tolas of metal is sufficient to break up.

Offline bhatla

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 06:26:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply!
Yes you are right in saying that its a petty issue to have a break up! But my wife should realize that as i have compromised a couple of times in the past too. Last year my wife left me alone for 6 months and went to her parents place and started working there without my will, just because i applied for a US visa (still in process) and she thought i'd leave her alone. Then i went up to her home and compromised with her/her parents.

Also there were some small issues which were adding fuel to the fire like small misunderstandings between my wife,her parents and me/my parents/my sister/my grandfather (me & my wife live separately in a different city). Though they are small issues and its always me who goes for a compromise, my wife doesn't realize the value of a relationship.

Even now i am ready to take a hundred steps for my wife, but waiting for her first step towards me and our relation. If she has no respect and love left for it, then i'd be compelled to believe what happens happens for our own good!!

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India