Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Termination by employer saying absconding and asking to pay notice period amount  (Read 515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gb_312

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I was working in a IT company for more than 4.5 years.I was on leave due to some health issues and this was informed to HR and my manager.After I rejoined office on 16th Aug I was made to stretch for 11 hours on first day itself for client interview of 5 mins.Later mgmt and HR started forcing me to work in 8 Am I told them I stay far away and recently had health issues and cannot make it that early.HR blamed me for being saying there were lot many flexibility issues in past and this my last chance and then asked for medical certificate saying not fit to work in 8 Am. I again fell sick and could not attend office from next day.This was on 24th Aug.After that on 2nd sep HR sent a mail saying reply by Eod which I missed to see and immediately on next working day she dropped a mail saying seperation initiated without even giving me a time of few days to reply.On 14th sept I was terminated.Hr claims to have sent show cause notice dated 7 th sept which I never received and upon checking with her this was not posted till 10th sept and 11 and 12 were postal holidays so it ensured that this does not reach me on time. And now after 3 months company is demanding notice period amount from me even though they terminated me. HR is not giving proper response on mails and I cannot bear heavy expenses of legal proceedings please advice what I should do in such case

Offline riteshmaity

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 150
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
Give a reply (if possible taking help of a lawyer) that you are not required to pay for notice period since they have terminated your service.

Otherwise, you can challenge the termination.

It seems you have worked for 4.5 years already. If you complete 5 years, you will be entitled to gratuity. May be this is a tactics by company to avoid paying you gratuity.
Linkedin -
Labour law blog -
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***
Phone - 91-983-667-9309


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India