Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: The bank refused to cash my certified cheque  (Read 1356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline shb27

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
The bank refused to cash my certified cheque
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:16:06 AM »
Hi there,

I'm a saudi student who has just arrived in India this week. I issued a certified cheque from my country so that I can cash it here in Bangalore but now the indian bank refused to cash it unless I open an account in their bank.

Is it legal for a bank to refuse to cash a certified cheque if I don't have an account with them?

If it's illegal then what should I do? To whom should I complain? The saudi monetary authority or the indian reserve bank?

Offline Advaradhyakirmani

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 53
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • Adv.Aradhya Kirmani, Expert in Civil, criminal law
    • View Profile
Re: The bank refused to cash my certified cheque
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »
you complain to the saudi monetary authority on this regards.

If a Bank is not obeying your certified cheque, than it has to be on basis of RBI guidelines.

so you also check out with the bank to provide you the law which prevents it from honouring the law.

if they cannot cite you the law, than you have a case and a very good one.
Adv.Aradhya Kirmani
Expert in Civil and criminal laws

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India