Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Post Divorce - Property Blues  (Read 774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline man29

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Post Divorce - Property Blues
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
During happy days, I bought a housing property (with housing loan from bank) and registered the property on myself and my then wife as equal share holders.  Apart from housing loan on my name, We both took personal loans from banks for the same purpose. With in one year of buying the property, Her behaviour forced me to file divorce. After about two years of legal fight, I was awarded divorce from court. (On the grounds of cruelty from my wife). She did not contest further on court decision. However, I continued to pay all the loan instalments without fail for the property and for the personal loans we took. I already re-paid all loans on her name (with cheque, NEFT). The only loan is on my name for which I am paying regularly right now. I gave monthly maintenance to her for over 3 years after separation all-though she did not ask for and neither court directed me to do so. The property is in my possession. I even invested additional amount from my pocket for further repairs and beautification of the home.

Recently, she got married to someone else. aAfter being silent for 9 years,  now she is demanding her stake in the property. What should be my stand now? Will I loose my case if I goto court? Wont I have any right on my hard earned property? Are there any similar cases that I can refer to?

I do not have any inherited property BTW.

Thanks in advance.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India