Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Mental abuse by in laws  (Read 510 times)

Offline legalindian

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mental abuse by in laws
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:46:01 PM »
Hi, I am seeking your advice to handle the issues faced by my sister.

It was a Hindu wedding. And only the day 1 was peaceful.
From the very next day, the mother in law started insulting her saying that she hasn't brought any worthy dowry with her to the house. It continued for a month when her husband also has been abusing her verbally and it ended up in slapping her when she was pregnant.
Its been 2 and half years since the wedding and my sister could hardly spend 6 months(intermittently) at their home. Everyday mental abuse by her in laws ( she gets cornered and abused verbally by her husband's mother,father,sister and brother) puts her in depression and she comes back our house for weeks to months.
She was at our home to deliver her baby and couldn't return back to her husband's place due to continous threats from him on phone that she ll be killed if she returns back.

Atlast, she decided to go there herself (3 days back) and got beaten up by her husband in the first two days.
Her in laws have been verbally abusing so badly that she is emotionally broken and we fear if she would get mentally affected. Moreover, they are asking her to vacate the house and she is afraid to go out of the house to buy basic needs for her and the baby (that they will lock the door once she leaves the house). At times, they also cut power supply to her portion of the house.
My sister is not willing to file a divorce case. But, she wants her in laws not to interfere between her and her husband. The husband's mom is restricting him from going into her room at all times. She is alone. No one talks  to her or the kid (except when they want to abuse her or our family).

There has been numerous peace talks with the family which all ended up in verbal abuse to our supporters and once my brother was hit by her husband. After these incidents everybody is staying away from interfering in our issue.

Although there was a demand of dowry during the before wedding, we made clear that we 'll give our sister some gold which shall stay as her property. But they still keep demanding to hand it over to them (including her husband).

Please suggest legal ways to restore my sister's rights in that house and prevent them from giving her mental torture.

Once again, divorce would be the last option we would like to take.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Mental abuse by in laws
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 04:23:28 AM »
Dear Sir,

Please let me know whether your sister wish to continue with the marriage or not. The suggestion would be different if she wants to work out the marriage or not interested in working out the marriage.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India