Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Remarrying the same person  (Read 1451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mrinali M

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Remarrying the same person
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »
We got married in a religious ceremony due to family pressure1 and half year back (we belong to hindu family).
But as we both are atheist we wanted a court marriage.

Can we remarry through court marriage and change the marriage date without initiating a divorce?

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Remarrying the same person
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:32:46 PM »
Please complete your statement. When you got married? What you did half year back? and why court marriage without divorce? Absolutely meaningless statements.

In court divorce takes place not registration of marriage. Registrar does all these.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Helping Hand !

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Remarrying the same person
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »
There is no need to marry again.  At first it appeared that you are divorcee.  But you just want another marriage just for your satisfaction coz you both dont believe in God.  Forget believing in God, do you believe in marriage? If yes, then thats enough.  Stay married.  Stay blessed.  Dont take trouble of getting married again in sub-registrar office.  if you so wish to you can go to sub-registrar office and enquire about the same.  All you need is ID proof, 2 passport size photos and two witness and must have lived in given address for past 6 months+.

If you appreciate my reply, click on thanks button.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India