Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Family property  (Read 869 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nchiyer1958

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Family property
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »
My father & mother expired 20 years back. We are holding Death Certificate issued in their name. We are 9 children. We own joint property(land & residential house) in Kerala in the name of our late father.  The Patta issued by Govt to my father is lost and not traceable. We have been paying house tax and no dues so far.  We got BTR, Land Register, Thandaper & Re survey details even then the mutation is refused.

We have obtained Legal Heirship issued by Tahsildar in 2011 after publishing the same in the Kerala Gazette. Even then, the Village Officer is not permitting us to pay land tax or to do the mutation in our name. He is telling without mutation land tax cannot be paid. There is no dispute in the family and the property is still in our joint possession.

Request some legal opinion to resolve my problem.


Offline advswagata

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Family property
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »
File an RTI seeking details in whoes name the property is registered.

Once you get that file a second rti seeking certified copy of registration papers.

Rest mutation part u already know

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Family property
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
Go for mutation procedure first and if officer still objects then simply file a suit for declaration against him and through court's order he is bound to mutate all of yours names

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Family property
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India