Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Pagdi Property after death of tenant  (Read 932 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline techspark

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Pagdi Property after death of tenant
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »

My dad had bought a pagdi property in mumbai from a landlord by paying huge amount on money. Unfortunately, he passed away few months ago and has left us all in shock.

We spoke to the landlord to ask him to change the name from my dad to my name on the rent receipts. (we are a family of 4 now and all other members of the family have no objection with me receiving the rent receipt on my name)

The issue is that the landlord is now asking us a sum in lakhs to transfer the rent receipt on my name. This is really ridiculous as we are not selling the property and we are only transferring the name since my dad is no longer there.

I wish to know on these things:

1. Is it right on the landlords part to ask for such exorbitant amount of money for transfer after death ? He isn not ready to understand and hence i feel the only option i have is to take help of the court.

2. The property is currently sub-let out to another person who is paying us monthly rent out of which we give 10% to the landlord. The landlord has also signed the sub-rent out agreement and the agreement is notarized. I want to know will this create a problem if we take court's help to transfer the rent receipt on my name. (is it a problem if pagdi property is rented out by the tenant?)

3. The original tenancy agreement between my dad and the landlord is only notarized, will this be an issue if we go to court to get the rent receipt transferred on my name. ( we have rent receipts in my dad's name and rent has been paid till last year december) We also have details of transactions done with agreement.

Please help me with these queries.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India