Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Bank changing its words now and asking for outstanding of loan  (Read 570 times)

Offline ngkasat

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Bank changing its words now and asking for outstanding of loan
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:36:27 AM »
In 2000 my dad had taken a salary loan from a cooperative bank he was working in. Due to personal reasons, he decided to leave the job in 2002. So, per discussion with his manager over phone in 2002, he had sent his resignation and application to credit proceeds from PF, gratuity and security deposit to his loan account and close off the loan account which bank did not do in 2002. In 2012, he came to know about not closure of his loan account from one of his colleagues. So he went to bank and discussed with chairman of the bank verbally about this case. Chairman told that time, you pay off the principal amount and settle the loan. So bank manager accepted one cheque from my dad. My dad also filled in PF and gratuity forms. This all communication was verbal and is no where documented. Trusting the bank and chairman of the bank, my dad did not ask for the closure letter of loan account. Now suddenly in the last week after almost 4/5 years, new bank manager called him up and told that there is a huge outstanding of Rs. 6 lacs in his loan account. My dad met chairman again and talked about the problem happened. Now chairman is asking him to pay off remaining outstanding amount again with so huge interest. Though bank did not have new communication address to send him in notices, it does have my dad's cell phone number and it did not call him in last 6 years for the same. My dad has xerox copy of application he had initially sent to bank in 2003. Also there is no security with bank against this loan as it was a salary loan. My dad is also retired now and he/I cannot afford to pay such a huge amount. What should we do now? Should we file complaint against bank in consumer court or wait for bank to take up action and then respond? Also if case goes in court, what would be the worst result we will need to deal with. Please help.

Offline riteshmaity

• Veteran at Law
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
Re: Bank changing its words now and asking for outstanding of loan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:17:58 AM »
Before filing complaint in any court, make sure that you have documentary evidences. In such case, the court will only consider evidenciary value of documents. Neither your father's nor the bank manager's version will be of much help.
Linkedin - https://in.linkedin.com/in/riteshmaity
Labour law blog - www.labourlawhub.com
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***gmail.com
Phone - 91-983-667-9309

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India