Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Ex party divorce order: Is his appeal valid or infructuous?  (Read 536 times)

Offline a_b

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Ex party divorce order: Is his appeal valid or infructuous?
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
My sister got into an arranged marriage with a man in Janury 2013. Within 5 months, she faced problems as the guy used to mentally torture her and she separated. She filed for divorce in 2014 at our hometown (Gorakhpur). The man received the summon  and appeared in the court. Then he remained absent on few dates. As the case progressed the cross examination happened for both the parties. He appeared for that too and clearly stated that he is not ready to stay with my sister and put many character related accusations against her. Then to delay the court proceedings he stayed absent on many court dates. 4 times the court proceeded for ex party and he appeared on the next date and each time applied for recall. Every time, it was accepted and the proceedings used to start fresh. Finally in November 2016, the court passed ex parte divorce judgement in my sister favour. He stayed silent for the 88 days and filed an appeal on the last day of the wait period in the same family court that had passed the judgement. The judgement clearly says that he tried to delay the court proceedings many times and that all reconciliation efforts of the court failed between both tha parties. Will the same family court judge accept the appeal? He is just harassing us mentally through legal way. He is a psychopath and just wants to ruin my siter's life. What to do?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Ex party divorce order: Is his appeal valid or infructuous?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:18:08 AM »
You have called me as well as emailed me. Due to lack of identification/ concelment of identification, I have not replied.
Anyway, I am replying you as far it is possible under open forum.

Every person has right to Appeal. Even if the order passed ex parte. He can file a petition under Order 9 Rule 13 of the Civil Procedure Code. If he has cogent reason then ex parte may gets vacates and matter will be start afresh. But probabilities are less. He can approach to High Court against the ex parte divorce decree and again If he has cogent reason then ex parte may gets vacates and matter will be start afresh.

Suggestion: You have to wait until any summon reaches to your sister
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India