Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: fraud and cheating  (Read 565 times)

Offline Madhu7

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
fraud and cheating
« on: April 06, 2017, 02:08:11 AM »
I got married to an NRI  ,it was an arranged marriage and his family is known to my relatives,he then left me in India and went to US then 10 days later he mailed me saying that i need to give him money or he will divorce me. I didn't accept his dowry demand then i started getting suspicious about his behaviour and enquired about him online about his life in US to check if he was having another relationship because he had unfriended me on Facebook saying that he didn't inform his friends and colleagues that he got married to me back in India.I found out that he was still married when he had sent me a marriage proposal in November 2013 and he got his marriage annuled only in January 2014. He or his family didn't inform any of us that i am not going to be first wife or the reason why he left his first wife within few months like he did to me in days.Then we confronted him with the proof when he briefly returned to India.First,he said that i am lying about his past then he said it is not a divorce but only an annulment so there was no need to mention or inform me before marriage.Now he is claiming that he had informed me before marriage.I have his marriage proposal where he had not mentioned if he was single or divorced.He clearly mentioned before marriage that he was never married before.What can i do next? Should i contact his first wife and ask if he had asked for money from her as well? What type of case should i file against him in court?

Offline advamrita

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: fraud and cheating
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:40:47 PM »
At the time of your marriage with him was lp single? Is he an Indian citizen?

Offline Madhu7

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
He concealed the fact that he was married to another woman.All the time i was thinking that i was his first wife.He sent me the marriage proposal even before he had ended his marriage to another woman ..I came to know about this while searching about him on an online verification site(got his marriage annuled in houston) after his demand for divorce started growing following my refusal to give him dowry money.He was single during the wedding and he is still an Indian citizen.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
First you decide whether you want to continue this marriage tie or not.....

If not, then file a dowry case against him as well as divorce case (if 1 year expired) for cruelty and get rid of. If you are asking for maintenance then that section is open to you,
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India