Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Transfering property  (Read 575 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vrajesh

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Transfering property
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:02:48 AM »
father purchased a property(y) in 1991 with his own resources subsequently "he executed a GPO to his wife ( mother)" around 1992.
He subsequently brought another site(z) again with his own resources and wifes golden handshake funds  purchased around 1994.

they have 2 daughters A & B

Subsequently elder daughter (A) got married and a few years after the marriage.  father and mother decided (no will) that (z) should go to A and Y should go to B after their deaths with the income going to them from property b as long as they are alive. 

Daughter A got a gift deed executed immediately for property z since she wanted to build on the site in her and her husbands name in 2002.

Subsequently Daughter b got married.

Though the father was of bad health unexpectedly the mother passed away in 2016. now father is insisting on transferring the property to daughter b immediately when he is alive since he has other sources of income (pension) and wants to make sure the property(y) goes to B.

What is the best way to transfer the property y considering the GPA give to his late wife (mother)

Is a gift deed from father better or a relinquishing deed from father and other sister?

Property papers of y have gone missing but suspicion is it is with A and A is delaying the decision on this transfer.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Transfering property
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:49 AM »
Basically you are confusing a simple matter by giving example of X and Y property. GPA becomes invalid on the death of mother. Father is still owner and he can transfer his property

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Transfering property
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:49 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India