Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Partition of property newly acquired after evicting tenants  (Read 362 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rajuchacha

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Partition of property newly acquired after evicting tenants
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:08:43 AM »

We have about 300 sq yards property situated in Delhi. Before 1978 my father and his elder brother were living in a small house having area of 100 sq. yards. And rest of the property was under tenants possession. The elder brother left the place and started living in some other part of Delhi due to daily quarrels with tenants and asked my father to take care of the property and fight the court cases with the tenants by himself. 

So my father fought long legal battles for all these years and recently got the tenants evicted from one of section of the property and also allow them to take a smaller portion as a compromise.

So there was a eviction order from the court on one section and there was a compromised reached between my father and tenants on another section.

Now my father's elder brother is asking for his share from the total property which is under my father's possession and has filed a partition case for the property.

I want to understand what is our legal standing in this case. Does my uncle have a legal right in the property which was later acquired by my father through court cases and evicting the tenants?

Thank you .

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Partition of property newly acquired after evicting tenants
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
First it is required to see that in whose name property was registered. If it is jointly purchased that uncle has right to claim his half share otherwise your father is sole owner (if property is in your father's name).

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India