Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Legal Advice required on Divorce  (Read 595 times)

Offline raima

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Legal Advice required on Divorce
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »
I want to get divorced from my husband and hence in need of some legal advice for the same.
We are officially married for 5 years and 4 months. Both are working. From very beginning of marriage, he was travelling for at least 3 weeks in a month. I am currently staying in Pune. 1.5 years after marriage, he decided to take up a new job opportunity and moved his base to Bhopal. I continued working in Pune. He used to visit Pune home in every two weeks on weekend.

In the meanwhile his parents, especially his mother created a lot of tension between us, and on her instigation he had moved to Bhopal.

I also had issues on my husband's behavior. Even before marriage I had discovered him chatting with many unknown girls over social media. Same issue continued post marriage as well. Everytime I questioned or came to know of this, he would disagree and then ask for forgiveness. He was even in touch with his ex girlfriend who used to message him. I had escalated the issue to his parents, who supported their son blatantly and blamed me for encroaching his privacy.

I was withstanding all these issues for 4.5 years. Last year on July 3 we had a disagreement and he walked off from Pune home he had come visiting in weekend as mentioned above). From that day onwards he stopped talking totally with me. When I asked the reason he would say he doesnt want to give any reason. He also stopped visiting over weekends. He would now only visit Pune home when he had any work in Pune office. He ended our conjugal life without my consent or discussion. I tried to talk with him on a number of times to make things okay but he clearly said that he was not interested in any kind of dialog.

Since there has been no effort whatsoever from his or his family's end to initiate any discussion for resolving the matter, I myself now want to get out of this relationship. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1. How to talk with him regarding my wish to file for a divorce? Is face to face a good option or should I put it across in a mail? Or maybe should I directly send a notice to his official communication address?

2. If I talk to him face to face should I ask whether he wants to go for a mutual consent divorce or a contested one?

3. How long after the conversation/intimation should I send the legal letter?

4. If he goes for a contest situation, what can be the possible areas which may put me in disadvantage? [please note I do not expect any alimony of any sort. Also we are not having any kids. Nor do we have any property together. Also our bank accounts are not joint. Hence I expect the smoothest way out of the situation]

5. In case, he is non responsive from his end even after sending the legal notice, what can I do from my end to speed up the procedure?

6. What may be the fastest time in which I can get a divorce?

7. Since I am working, I will not be able to travel back and forth if the hearing is not in my city. How can I ensure the hearing is in my city?

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Legal Advice required on Divorce
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
You discuss with your husband tell him you wish to file for divorce is he aggreable or not first find that out.

Take time to get him for mutual divorce.

Once he agrees than only approach court.
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Legal Advice required on Divorce
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »
1. How to talk with him regarding my wish to file for a divorce? Is face to face a good option or should I put it across in a mail? Or maybe should I directly send a notice to his official communication address?

Ans: you can talk with him over telephone as well as send email for mutual Divorce or you can send a lawyer notice for preparation of mutual Divorce.

2. If I talk to him face to face should I ask whether he wants to go for a mutual consent divorce or a contested one?

Ans: Yes, you can.

3. How long after the conversation/intimation should I send the legal letter?

Ans: There is no time limitations or time bound in law. This is absolutely personal law.

4. If he goes for a contest situation, what can be the possible areas which may put me in disadvantage? [please note I do not expect any alimony of any sort. Also we are not having any kids. Nor do we have any property together. Also our bank accounts are not joint. Hence I expect the smoothest way out of the situation]

Ans: This cannot be apprehend at this stage. I think going for mutual Divorce is the best way to get apart with dignity.

5. In case, he is non responsive from his end even after sending the legal notice, what can I do from my end to speed up the procedure?

Ans: Either notice or verbal discussion. Then file case.

6. What may be the fastest time in which I can get a divorce?

Ans: Mutual Consent Divorce will be fastest but contested matter will take time.

7. Since I am working, I will not be able to travel back and forth if the hearing is not in my city. How can I ensure the hearing is in my city?

Ans: Case should be file at Pune.

For further clarification and Consultation in details, you can contact me.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India