Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Bike accident case query  (Read 440 times)

Offline jakecarguy

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Bike accident case query
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:26 AM »
Hi Legal  Service India,
                                   I met with an accident a couple of months ago at night time.I was traveling from my office to home on my bike and a lady jumped in front of my bike all on a sudden.Even if I tried my best to stop my bike, I couldn't stop my bike and this resulted in the accident.

As I was so tensed to handle the gathering crowd by myself and as my home was close enough, I somehow took my bike and went to my home and told my dad about this.He arrived at the scene and the lady was sent to the hospital.She had one broken arm and some scratches.My father went to this hospital along with his friend.

As she is a lady who does not have a home, she sleeps on the verandah of a mosque, my father thought of mutually solving this by offering her 5000 rupees at first and then he raised the amount to  20,000 but she refused the offer and asked one lakh rupees from us.So my father said, let take this to court.

Anyway, I do have a mistake on my side as well.This incident happened when my insurance was off period but after the accident, the next day itself, I got the insurance.

In fact, apart from that, the fault is with her.She did not use the zebra crossing line just two or three meters from the accident spot.Most importantly she ran into my bike.In fact, it is a straight road and anyone can see a person who is crossing the road but she ran into my bike.I know that in India, everyone will support the pedestrian so I am pretty sure that the court will ask me to pay her for her troubles.

She is a prostitute who is about 70 years old and is what we can refer as "Marvadis".She does not have a job or anything.

My questions are
1, What are the legal points to support my side? I will be seeing a lawyer soon but if I get something from this forum, that would be a help for him as well
2, As I do not have insurance (which is, of course, my fault), how to reduce the compensation amount?
3, What might be the compensation amount? Some guys said, as the lady is 70 years old with no job, the compensation amount would be less.

Thank you to everyone who took the time read my case.

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Bike accident case query
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »
First of all she being a prostitute has nothing to do with this case, so don't even mention it in court you will be in trouble.

secondly here is a sr.citizen who has broken her limbs due to an accident, at such advance age any kind of injuries takes time to heal court will take that in consideration.

her being unemployed does not make her cheap or a push over law is equal for all.

court will decide on an appropriate amount.

by the way your insurance had lapsed at the time of accident means that you were illegally driving the bike, this is totally against you.

finally i suggest you settle the amount quickly with her since you were illegally driving. if she gets a smart lawyer one lakh would appear to you as a very cheap deal.

if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline Mekasinhas

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
    • สมัคร sbobet
Re: Bike accident case query
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 02:46:17 AM »
It is so wonderful that I've been searching for information for a long time.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India