Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: MSD Divorce: Married as per spl marriage act and after 2days as per hindu ritual  (Read 1423 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tenispro2000

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Greetings to all

A couple are seeking mutual consent divorce. They were first married as per special marriage act,1954 and after 2 days, married as per hindu rituals but no registration was done for that thinking that there marriage is already registered(not knowing that the registered marriage and registration done after hindu rituals is totally different).

Should the couple seek for divorce as per special marraige act or hindu marriage act?

If divorced under Hindu marriage act then will the divorce be valid, as generally, first marriage is upheld as legal marriage and unless divorce is not done for the first marriage, the second is considered null. Only difference here is that the same couple is married twice.

What should do to properly getting divorced with no strings attached?

Thanks in advance

Offline advbose

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 180
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
You are married under special marriage act, now divorce under that whats the problem.

there is no question of second marriage here, when persons involved are same.

Offline tenispro2000

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply!

We don't understand law much. The lawyer has got signature on petition under Hindu marriage act and says that he has submitted it to the department unofficially for correction. They will correct it and tell to make handwriting changes or add separate affidavit. He kept mentioning that we should file it under Hindu marriage act as filing under Special marriage act is complicated. When asked what is complication, he says you will not understand it. Please advise.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Rubbish ideology and making simple thing complicated. If you are a lawyer then I am very much tensed for your client who are seeking divorce to such a lawyer who is himself confused with a simple situation. If you are layman then the lawyer who has taken up your matter will surely complicate this simple issue after taking lump sum of professional fee with zero result. I think Bar Council of India should take examination with 50% pass mark for all practising lawyers. Then litigants will get proper advice or relief.

Anyway, once Marriage has been registered in Special MArriage Act, then parting couple should file MCD petition under Special Marriage Act only. Subsequent social marriage followed by hindu customs and rites does not matter. It was a mere show off.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline tenispro2000

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply sir!!!

There are still a lot for real professional lawyers who charge 0 money for right advise which keeps our hope alive on the lawyer community.

We want to get our documents(signed petition and other supporting documents) from him along with refund of some kind. He has not given any receipt, visiting card. How should we go about it? We have lost all trust and confidence in him so getting this important work done from him is not possible. Please advise.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India