Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Tenant Vacancy & Furniture Dispute  (Read 333 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline smitz4u

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Tenant Vacancy & Furniture Dispute
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »
Mr X shifted some furniture to my house by paying some advance against the agreed monthly rent. Upon repeated pursuit with him, he did not manage to pay any further rental money and neither shifted to my house. He ultimately forgoes everything including his furniture and does not make any contact. After about 3 months, a different person Mr Y visits my house and asks about Mr Xs furniture claiming that about 60% of the furniture was his which he loaned it to Mr. X & now demanded it back from me. I told him that Mr X left everything behind without settling his dues for the month. So if only Mr X comes to settle the dues I would return the furniture to him (Mr X) and not to you (Mr Y). This I said naturally since I had no deal with Mr Y who is a stranger to me. Mr Y visits again after few days and coerces me to return the furniture. I told him that it would be best if he told Mr X to come to me & settle the dues after which the furniture could be returned. Meanwhile I had rented the same portion of the house to some other party and since I had no other place to keep the furniture the new tenant started using Mr Xs furniture temporarily till the settlement was done. After few weeks Mr X & Mr Y both return on one fine day and the amount is decided for settlement which was agreeable to me. But they were demanding their furniture immediately from me which I could not offer to them since it was already in use by my new tenant. So I told Mr X to come after 2 days so that my existing tenant could manage to replace the furniture with Mr Xs furniture. Mr X agreed verbally to the same condition but Mr. Y started to bully me. I called up the police and explained the matter to them. The police did not take any action against Mr Y, who bullied me, and instead made a document of compromise between me & Mr. X that the furniture would be returned after settlement of the dues on the said date. The said date has gone by but Mr X has not turned up to take the furniture or settle the dues. What legal action should I take because I dont want any other altercation of fight with Mr Y?

Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Tenant Vacancy & Furniture Dispute
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:09:26 PM »
Forget Y, concentrate on X he is the root cause of all problems,
infact X wants you to get involved with Y so that he can get out of it.

send a legal notice to X immediately
Champion in law of Torts in India

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Tenant Vacancy & Furniture Dispute
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »
Send a legal notice to the Mr. X and ask him to take back his furniture on payment of arrears of rent with interest within 7 days failing which you shall sale all his furniture for realization of arrears of rent

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India