Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Share of married daughter on inherited family property.  (Read 687 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sylvianogred

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Share of married daughter on inherited family property.
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:17:57 PM »
My grandfather's self earned property passed on to my father (who has not added to the ancestral property nor has any self acquired property), who is his only heir and alive.

My grandfather passed away in 1992, and my father being his only child all the property passed on to him without any will. We are 2 sisters and 3 brothers.

I am the eldest daughter. All of the property was purchased by my grandfather, nothing was added by my father nor my brothers.

With approval from my parents, my brothers and younger brother in law are selling off parts of the property. When I requested them my share, they are non-cooperative. Their response was that I as a married daughter of 35+ years of marriage have no claims on my paternal ancestral property because my father is now the sole owner being the only son and living heir/class I heir. 

Can I request for a formal partition and share of my part as a daughter? Or as according to them and their lawyer, my father being the sole inheritor can dispose of the property as he pleases, because he inherited everything directly from my grandfather.

Please advice, and thanks in advance.

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: Share of married daughter on inherited family property.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
The instant property to be treated as self acquired property of your father not ancestral, though it was purchase by your grandfather. During life time of your father you can not claim your share, he can sell or gift to anybody.If your father died intestate and leaving this property in his own name then you can claim your share.

M.Bhadra, advocate at Kolkata

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India