Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Marriage with Foreigner  (Read 1046 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CIC107

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Marriage with Foreigner
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:02:29 AM »
Hi all. I need urgent legal advice. I applied for marriage with an Italian catholic woman through a lawyer in Delhi. On the day of proposed marriage she took us to a SDM in UP. On asking if one of the document my wife sign is of conversion the lawyer say that" this document is just for registration but my wife is Catholic."When I got the marriage certificate it said we married under Hindu Marriage Act with the signature of SDM. Now we didn't go to temple and neither my fiance converted but because of this certificate my wife is forced to call herself Hindu now. We were thinking the marriage would be under Special Marriage Act but now we are forced to accept this Hindu Marriage Registration Certificate. Currently my wife is on tourist visa which we want to get converted to extended visa. My wife didnt want to be a Hindu. Now at any time and any documentation when getting translated to Italian and in Italy what religion my wife has to say she belong to?
Kindly guide me as to which legal problems we can get into.

Offline advbose

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 184
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage with Foreigner
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 05:35:13 AM »
The marriage is illegal, as there was no conversion.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India