Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Broken marriage & troubled parents.  (Read 1073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline needysoul

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Broken marriage & troubled parents.
« on: September 29, 2017, 04:28:39 AM »

I got married 4 years back , last 3 years my wife and I are having some differences. We live in a joint family setup in a house registered under my name but half paid by my dad from his retirement money and rest paid by me in EMI as part of home loan ..(My dad would have bought the house in cash down but our Idea was that I will be able to save big on income tax).

Recently she threatened to kick my parents out of the house as she is aware that house is under my name even though half money was paid by my dad. I am still paying the emi's and would like to transfer the property to my parents so as to provide them a roof over their head if my marriage does not work out.

What will be a good option .. should I sell the property and buy a new one for my parents under their name or just sign a gift deed to my mother.? Can my wife ask for the house after the gift deed in case we file for divorce.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Broken marriage & troubled parents.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
Options you have thought are open to you but question is your wife has no rights to say anything in respect of your house. If you are seeking divorce then proceed. There is no need to sell or gift the property.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Sanjeev Nanda

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Sanjeev Nanda - law aspirant. I do research on law
    • View Profile
    • Legal Service India
Re: Broken marriage & troubled parents.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:25:05 AM »
Instead of these all options just talk to your wife by putting her parents on place of your parents. The respected court recently passed a ruling according to that  aged parents can file complain and ask for livelihood from their children, also if daughter in law abuse them, they have right to file a case against her. So she can not drive them out of home.

Sanjeev Nanda
A Law aspirant
Sanjeev Nanda A law aspirant.
"Liberty is the right to do what the law permits"

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India