Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: gift deed on immovable property  (Read 739 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline somnath1963

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
gift deed on immovable property
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:25:46 AM »
After my fatherís expiry , myself, my mother and my two sister are only heir of my fatherís property.
Now My sisters are signing a gift deed as donor whereas myself and my mother is the done part.
After execution of the deed the property will be jointly held by me with mother.  My query is in absence of my mother shall I be the only owner of the 50% of my mothers  part ?  If not what is the procedure .

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: gift deed on immovable property
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:21 AM »
if your mother dies without a will, than in such a circumstances, that 50% share in property will be equally shared amongst all her legal heir i.e that includes your sisters
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: gift deed on immovable property
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
On demise of your mother, you will be 50% owner as you are now but your mother's 50% or half undivided share will be distributed among you and your siblings equally. That means your siblings will be owner to the extend of 1/6th undivided share each and your share will be 1/2 + 1/6.

It is better ask your mother to executed GIFT DEED in respect of half share in your favour and register it. It will be safest option.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India