Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Leagal rights in Divorce !!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Gio

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Leagal rights in Divorce !!
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:30:34 AM »
Hello,

This is Gio Joy, working in KSA  I have recently married in the month of September 10th.

After the marriage, my wife doesn't act as a wife towards me apart from bedroom activities.I thought she is new to the family and it will take some time to realize to understand the reality.Days passed I have to come back KSA for my Job.

She changed entirely once I arrived in KSA, after 1 week I got to know that she got sivior urine infection and she didn't go to duty for 2-3 days.she hated me more than anything else.days passed there is no any change in her attitude.I approached her mother and narrated the issue.After one day I got a shocking news that I have raped her on those days, which has not happened.And I don't have any proof.

Why I am here means as per her behavior she is well enough bold and she can accept everything.She is an Airline professional.Her Family doesn't want to talk to my family for any kind of discussion.My wife sends me a message like I will receive the divorce papers soon.I didn't expect this situation happened in my life.

1.She is staying in a hostel.not going home since I arrived in KSA
2. She took her all clothes to hostel when I was in Native-Reason is there is some fungus attack in cloth cupboard

I am in a depression stage now not able to work and talk to anybody because of this issue.I am not feeling any self-respect by myself because of my wife. I narrated to my parents whatever happened in the bed room.At last, I am a loser in my life .may be I cheated by her.

So kindly reply me what should I do?

Offline advswagata

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Leagal rights in Divorce !!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:28:24 PM »
As of now nothing to do on your end wait for her to take the first legal step.

Offline Gio

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
 ok..thanks

Offline Gio

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
Can Anybody tell me what is the eligibility to divorce in christian marriage in Kerala? how long will take to get it while opposing the both parties? and the duration for mutual?

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
Dear Sir,

The divorce on the grounds of mutual consent can be filed after one year of marriage. The divorce proceedings can take six months from the date of filing of the first motion petition.

Regards,
Jai Bansal, Advocate
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline Gio

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 04:26:24 AM »
Today there was a meeting between My parents and My wife parents.So as per her parent's, they are not interested in the marriage relation.I heard that her mom was asking there is dissolution before 6 months.Is there any scope for that?As per My concern Based on a leading legal adviser from Kochi (for divorce) the eligibility for divorce is after 2 years only, which is the new rule in Kerala.

Offline emma08482

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.divorce.legal/
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 01:04:50 AM »
As of now nothing to do on your end wait for her to take the first legal step.

You are right , I also suggest you are do as it is.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:07:14 AM by emma08482 »
“Instead of regretfully looking back and affixing blame, I like to look forward. I like to turn divorce into an opportunity to change people’s lives for the better,” says family law attorney Elisabeth

Offline Gio

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 11:48:49 PM »
Is there any law available that my wife claims a false case of sexual harassment even after one-year against me??

Offline kalaskarkk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:41:19 AM »
Dear friend,

I am shocked to hear your story. You may go for mutual divorce. If you can, you pay something and get rid of her as soon as possible.

The law of  divorce among the Christians in India is follows:

The Indian Divorce Act deals with divorce among Christians. The reasons are almost similar to the ones under the Hindu Marriage Act. Roman Catholics do not come under the purview of any divorce proceedings since the Roman Catholic Church has not recognise divorce. The Divorce Act also does not contain any provision for divorce by mutual consent.Maintenance: During the period when the divorce case is in the court, the husband has to give one fifth of his salary for the maintenance of his wife. Later, maintenance can be given either yearly or once for all as total settlement.Custody: Custody of the child is decided by the court after going into the details of each individual case.

The Dissolution of Marriage and Judicial separation (under the Indian Divorce Act, 1869), allows a Christian wife to file petition for a divorce either in High Court or District Court on the grounds…
o      That her husband has exchanged his profession of Christianity and gone through a form of marriage with another woman.
o      Has been guilty of incestuous adultery.
o      Has been guilty of bigamy and adultery.
o      Has been guilty of rape, sodomy or bestiality.
o      Is guilty of adultery coupled with desertion, without reasonable excuse for two years or more.
The Indian Divorce Act, 1869, is an attempt to amend the law relating to the divorce of Christians and to confer jurisdiction on certain Courts in matrimonial matters. Section 7 of the Act specifically provides for the application of the principles and rules on which the Court for Divorce and Matrimonial Causes in England acts and gives relief.
The relief granted under Indian Divorce Act, 1869…
o      Dissolution of marriage
o      Nullity of marriage
o      Judicial separation
o      Protection orders
o      Restitution of conjugal rights.
The Courts also have powers to:
o      Order adulterer to pay damages and costs
o      Order alimony, pendante-lite (pending decision of the Court) or permanent
o      Order settlement of property
o      Make order as to custody of children in a suit or separation
Though Section 22 of the Act bars ‘divorce mensa et toro’ (a decree that can be obtained without the presence of the other party, an exparte decree), it provides for obtaining a decree for judicial separation on grounds of
o      adultery
o      cruelty
o      desertion, without reasonable excuse for two years or more.
Once the separation is awarded, from the date of the sentence, the separated wife would be deemed spinster, with respect to property, which she may acquire or which may devolve on her. This status would apply for the purposes of contract, wrongs and injuries and suing and being sued in civil proceedings.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:26:11 AM by admin »
Regards:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
kalaskarnetra@gmail.com
Call me for clarification

Offline stoney

• Newlaw
  • Seeking justice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
Dear friend,

I am shocked to hear your story. You may go for mutual divorce. If you can, you pay something and get rid of her as soon as possible.

The law of  divorce among the Christians in India is follows:

The Indian Divorce Act deals with divorce among Christians. The reasons are almost similar to the ones under the Hindu Marriage Act. Roman Catholics do not come under the purview of any divorce proceedings since the Roman Catholic Church has not recognise divorce. The Divorce Act also does not contain any provision for divorce by mutual consent.Maintenance: During the period when the divorce case is in the court, the husband has to give one fifth of his salary for the maintenance of his wife. Later, maintenance can be given either yearly or once for all as total settlement.Custody: Custody of the child is decided by the court after going into the details of each individual case.

The Dissolution of Marriage and Judicial separation (under the Indian Divorce Act, 1869), allows a Christian wife to file petition for a divorce either in High Court or District Court on the grounds…
o      That her husband has exchanged his profession of Christianity and gone through a form of marriage with another woman.
o      Has been guilty of incestuous adultery.
o      Has been guilty of bigamy and adultery.
o      Has been guilty of rape, sodomy or bestiality.
o      Is guilty of adultery coupled with desertion, without reasonable excuse for two years or more.
The Indian Divorce Act, 1869, is an attempt to amend the law relating to the divorce of Christians and to confer jurisdiction on certain Courts in matrimonial matters. Section 7 of the Act specifically provides for the application of the principles and rules on which the Court for Divorce and Matrimonial Causes in England acts and gives relief.
The relief granted under Indian Divorce Act, 1869…
o      Dissolution of marriage
o      Nullity of marriage
o      Judicial separation
o      Protection orders
o      Restitution of conjugal rights.
The Courts also have powers to:
o      Order adulterer to pay damages and costs
o      Order alimony, pendante-lite (pending decision of the Court) or permanent
o      Order settlement of property
o      Make order as to custody of children in a suit or separation
Though Section 22 of the Act bars ‘divorce mensa et toro’ (a decree that can be obtained without the presence of the other party, an exparte decree), it provides for obtaining a decree for judicial separation on grounds of
o      adultery
o      cruelty
o      desertion, without reasonable excuse for two years or more.
Once the separation is awarded, from the date of the sentence, the separated wife would be deemed spinster, with respect to property, which she may acquire or which may devolve on her. This status would apply for the purposes of contract, wrongs and injuries and suing and being sued in civil proceedings.

Mr Kalaskar thanks for sharing this info. It is indeed helpful and perplexing at the same time since it mentions what all the wife can claim divorce for and doesnt mention the grounds a christian husband can use to get a divorce or separate from his wife. This I mention keeping that indian laws and not gender-neutral and more so anti-male.

Could you provide any guiding light w.r.t the law on that pls?
Anyone who says that “a woman isn't capable of  destroying her own marriage or children” hasn't stepped into the 21st century.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India