Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Consumer Court approved courier company list to courier to overseas company.  (Read 924 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I am presenting my own case in the consumer court. A legal notice was issued to an overseas company in the US. However, the Indian post office is not able to issue me a received status. I am not able to get assistance as to which private courier service is approved by the court.

Can I request guidance on which are the private courier services approved that is recognized by the court or how to get the list to reissue the notice by the court?

Thank you.

Offline advdesai

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 66
  • Karma: +1/-3
  • Advocate Desai Knows the Law
    • View Profile
any courier company receipt is recognized by court
Advocate Desai Knows the Law

Offline kalaskarkk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 421
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

Dear Sir,

The following rules shall apply even in case of cases before Consumer Forum, for more details please contact through email.

1. Move the Civil Courts judicial matter's Service of Summon via The Ministry of Law and Justice Department of Legal Affairs which is the designated Central Authority under The Hague Service Convention which India is signatory of in asked Civil matter and not the way you mention Service of Summons works!. 2. But even if you somehow succeed and he still does not appear and a ex part Judgment has been pronounced then under The Convention (Art. 16) he has limitation period of 1 year to challenge the same. Moreover this is in addition to Condonation of Delay under (India) Limitation Act which may even extend (means get allowed) beyond 1 year period too to challenge the ex part Judgment as we have seen in many cases which went for Appeal which makes your query go back to point where it started. 3. However try your luck now that you spoke of Service of Summon abroad under some guidance you received so far and for the same get allowed Service of Summon via Ministry via an appropriate Order in set Format / Form Annexure from the Trial Court first and then try your luck in moving the Mandarins at South Block invoking The Hague Service Convention in a divorce related matter and then still get worried about para 2 which is his Constitutional rights r/w The Hague Service Convention Rules I hinted above.     

Read more at:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
Call me for clarification


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India