Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Divorce and 498a  (Read 453 times)

Offline Sunny71

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Divorce and 498a
« on: March 21, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
I live with spouse in USA. We been in USA for 12 years (me from Apr 2006 and she was here even earlier and returned after marriage in Dec 2005 itself). Since 2014 we are Permanent residents in USA. Have one kid. She and I never got along and donít have sexual relations since 8-9 years but live together. She never liked sex and I eventually gave up. Donít even talk to each other. We have nothing between us. Iím very tired of this and want divorce so I can start a new life with someone else. Have not talked to spouse about divorce. Getting a divorce in US would not be a problem but Iím scared she might get influenced by family to file 498a. She is very conservative and simple person and not aggressive at all and keeps quiet all the time. Me or my family has never asked for even one rupee from her . She has never been harassed about anything ever. She Has quiet nature and very simple woman but Iím scared she could file 498a just to ruin me and family and so that I have to go back to India and then I canít live my life with the person in US who I like and would want to marry eventually. I donít even know if spouse will file 498a but people become revengeful when things like this happen. So Iím seeking your advice as to what I should do? Like I said I havenít even spoken about divorce .

She has never lived with my parents other than on vacation when we visited parents in India like maybe 3 times in last 12 years . So does that make any difference in 498a? This has me extremely worried. My parents and sister are in India

Offline advarjun

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce and 498a
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »
You are seeking for advice on assumption.

You talk to your wife come to a solution if you can get your simple wife to agree for mutual divorce than things will work out fine. else your other option is contested divorce?

Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Divorce and 498a
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India