Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Divorce procedure for almost no sex in 3 years of marriage  (Read 743 times)

Offline Snw

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Divorce procedure for almost no sex in 3 years of marriage
« on: January 28, 2018, 07:33:35 AM »
 We got married in January of 2015 and although my husband is emotionally supportive and loving we had sex about 7 times the first year in the beginning, then just once the next year and last time was in july on my birthday,  though I could tell it was half hearted and he hasn't shown any interest till date...every time i get upset and end up confronting him every few months but he says I'm not sexually interesting to him but he still loves me...and this keeps on repeating. I've accused him of being gay or impotent but he has refuted all allegations. I'm good looking and used to have self confidence but now I'm just emotionally shattered and depressed about myself. He only attempts to have sex if I confront him and have a big fight every six months or so. Last time this happened he couldn't even get an erection. I can't live my life like this feeling unwanted by the person i loved and married and have no longer dreams of having children or a fulfilling marital life. Suicide or divorce are my only options. Please advise.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce procedure for almost no sex in 3 years of marriage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:10:37 PM »
Dear Ma'am,

You may first try and speak to your husband for taking divorce on the grounds of mutual consent.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline kalaskarkk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce procedure for almost no sex in 3 years of marriage
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:11:00 AM »
Dear Madam

You can get Divorce on medical grounds as per following provision of Law.

Hindu Marriage Act, 1955

13.Divorce.-

(1) Any marriage solemnized, whether before or after the commencement of this Act, may, on a petition presented by either the husband or the wife, be dissolved by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party-

(i) is living in adultery; or

(ii) has ceased to be a Hindu by conversion to another religion; or

(iii) has been incurably of unsound mind for a continuous period of not less than three years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition; or

(iv) has, for a period of not less than three years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition, been suffering from a virulent and incurable form of leprosy; or

(v) had, for a period of not less than three years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition, been suffering from venereal disease in a communicable form; or

(vi) has renounced the world by entering any religious order; or

(vii) has not been heard of as being alive for a period of seven years or more by those persons who would naturally have heard of it, had that party been alive; or

(viii) has not resumed cohabitation for a space of two years or upwards after the passing of a decree for judicial separation against that party; or

(ix) has failed to comply with a decree for restitution of conjugal rights for a period of two years or upwards after the passing of the decree.

(2) A wife may also present a petition for the dissolution of her marriage by a decree of divorce on the ground,-

(i) in the case of any marriage solemnized before the commencement of this Act, that the husband had married again before such commencement or that any other wife of the husband married before such commencement was alive at the time of the solemnization of the marriage of the petitioner:

Provided that in either case the other wife is alive at the time of the presentation of the petition; or

(ii) that the husband has, since the solemnization of the marriage, been guilty of rape, sodomy or bestiality.
Regards:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
kalaskarnetra@gmail.com
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India