Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Employer threatening with legal notice after notice period being served  (Read 673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kavita Agarwal

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

I was unhappy with my job due to the ad-hoc nature of work being given to me. I was made responsible for social media management, administration, coordination and even personal assistant inspite of my completely different JD of valuation and finance .
I resigned in Dec 2017 stating I will discontinue coming from 20th Jan. To this I got no response from the management.

However , I served the notice period till the 3rd of Feb and informed the management that I am willing to make the proportionate buyout payment in lieu of notice period because the job was causing me mental distress also I had found another opportunity in another company and wanted to join that.

Now my employer is not ready.

He is forcing me to stay in the company and either serve out my entire 3 months of notice period till 19th March instead of the 1.5 months that I have served or they will slap me with a legal notice of Rs. 1.6 lakhs.
Originally my contract states that I will need to pay the proportionate amount of the buyout which is 1 lakh if I don't serve the notice period.

So that makes the legit buyoff of 50000 and the company owes me money from my increment which became due in November 2017 amounting to 15000. Also, I have leave encashment worth Rs. 14000 pending.

Can my employer actually enforce such a thing on my inspite of all the injustice I endured during my job tenure?

Will this hurt my career prospects with an MNC?

Thank you in advance.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India