Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Query about Hit and Run case - Require Help to case ahead  (Read 849 times)

Offline nileshnirale

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Query about Hit and Run case - Require Help to case ahead
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »
I had logged the accident case with Mulund police station on 27 th July 2017. A biker jumped the red signal and dashed me. During this i fell down and my phone got damaged. To get the case logged I had to struggle for an hour. First I had called control room. Call connected to thane control room based on geographical location. Call dialed to 100 from Mulund connects to thane. They diverted to mumbai. I called Mumbai region. They picked up the phone and told that they would send some one onsite. No one came for around 40 min. Then I went to traffic post near Nirmal lifestyle then they redirected to Mulund west police station. They noted the complaint in station diary and said that they will call. Now it's more than 6 months but they still they are unable to trace bike owner  mh 03  AG 7034. They don't reply to emails or share update on phone. Need legal guidance on how to take the case ahead.

Offline kalaskarkk

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Query about Hit and Run case - Require Help to case ahead
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:43:40 AM »
Dear Sir,

HIT AND RUN CASES COMPENSATION WHO WILL PAY PROCEDURE

In our article on monetary compensation available to victims of road accidents, we had mentioned the Solatium Fund, constituted under the Solatium Scheme, under Section 163 (1) of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, for the payment of compensation to victims of hit and run motor accidents. This came into force with effect from July 1989.
Below is a round-up of its most salient features, and the details of the procedure for claiming compensation under it.
How is the Fund administered?
Contributions to the Fund are made by the General Insurance Corporation according to an agreed formula and the latter nominates one of its offices or an insurance company in every district for settlement of claims.
Who will get compensation under the Scheme?
In case of claims arising out of death of an accident victim, payment is made to the legal representatives of the deceased (as decided by the Claims Enquiry Officer). In the case of claims arising out of grievous hurt, payment is made to the person injured.
What is the procedure for applying for compensation?
   As a hit and run victim or a legal representative of his, submit an application seeking compensation under this scheme in Form I along with a duly filled-in discharge receipt inForm II .
   Also enclose an undertaking in Form V to the Claims Enquiry Officer of the Sub-Division or Taluka in which the accident takes place. This undertaking specifies that the amount of compensation received under the Scheme will be refunded to the insurer if the injured victim or the legal representative of the deceased receives any other compensation in lieu of this amount, or under any other existing provision by law
   Ensure that the application is made within six months from the date of the accident.
   An application made after six months, but before 12 months from the date, may be accepted by the Claims Enquiry Officer if he is satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for the delay. If, however, the Officer is not convinced and the application is rejected, the reasons for non-acceptance will be communicated to the you.
When does compensation reach the applicant?
On receipt of all required reports from the Claims Enquiry Officer, the Claims Settlement Commissioner sanctions the claim, as far as possible, within a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt of such report. He must then communicate the sanction order along with other required documents from his end to the nominated officer of the insurance company.
The nominated office of the insurer then makes the payment to the claimant and despatches a cheque/demand draft for the amount through registered post AD.
The payment is made usually within 15 days from the date of receipt of the sanction order from the Claims Settlement Commissioner; wherever there is a delay, reasons must be explained to the Claims Settlement Commissioner.
For more details on the Scheme and its operation, read this.
http://morth-roadsafety.nic.in/index1.aspx?lid=64&lsid=72&pid=40&lev=3&langid=1
Regards:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
kalaskarnetra@gmail.com
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India