Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Precedence set in an agreement  (Read 645 times)

Offline jinx1234

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Precedence set in an agreement
« on: February 27, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »
Hi,

I am in a bit of dilemma. My husband and I invested in his cousin's company 3 years ago. Though it was money that we had sent to India, sitting in a joint account between my husband and his father, when the agreement was raised, it was between the cousin's company and my father in law & mother in law jointly. During the past 3 years, the monthly interest payments from this investment has been deposited either into my father in law's account, my mother in law's account or my account based on the instructions sent to the cousin by my husband.

Since November the interest payment has been going into a joint account between my father in law and me as well as some principle amount also has been paid back by the cousin. This was done since I needed to have access to the money when I was in India and the cousin was advised that the principle payment should be sent to the accounts of either of the people on the agreement.

In the past few months, relationship between my husband and his father has gone sour and now my father in law has sent a letter to the cousin saying that from now the interest payments and principle payment needs to be sent to an account that is solely in the name of my Father in law or my Mother in law, so that we don't have access to the money.

What I want to understand is this
In the past, prior to this letter being sent, the cousin has followed instructions provided by my husband and my father in law has had no issue. Therefore, if we were to verbally give him different instructions for sending the money, will he still be protected from a law suit from my father in law, because a precedent has been set where my father in law had no issues to him following our instructions and further more, this particular letter does not state that he shouldn't be taking orders from us?

Offline kalaskarkk

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Precedence set in an agreement
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:32:30 AM »
Dear Madam,

Get issue a written communication or legal notice for depositing monthly interest either in your account or into your joint account with your husband. This will avoid future complications.
Regards:

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
kalaskarnetra@gmail.com
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India