Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Wife files late DV case after I file Divorce case, will it affect my promotion?  (Read 314 times)

Offline cobafa

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Learned sirs/madams,

My wife and I have been estranged for more than 4 years now. We married in July 2013 and she left my house in January 2014 and we have not lived together or spoken with each other since then.

I tried to come to a mutual agreement settlement, but after failing to get a positive result, I filed for divorce in July 2017, more than 3 years after she left.

Now in May 2018, she filed a Domestic violence case against me.

Learned friends, I would like to know answers to two questions:

1. I have read that since she filed the DV case after more than 1 years of separation and since she filed the case as a counter to my divorce case, it is not a strong case for her. Any comments will be deeply appreciated.

2. I am a govt employee and have a promotion upcoming in January 2019. Will the DV case affect my promotion if it is still pending by then?

Waiting for an early response.

Offline advbose

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Your promotion your Job will not be affected in anyway.

Your wife filing after so many years of separation is a clear indication that she is being brainwashed by some very bad people.

if possible in the next hearing ask the court you want the matter referred to mediation and try to find out the people giving her wrong advice.

so that you can plan your next legal step wisely

Offline Deepak Joshi

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Learned sirs/madams,

My wife and I have been estranged for more than 4 years now. We married in July 2013 and she left my house in January 2014 and we have not lived together or spoken with each other since then.

I tried to come to a mutual agreement settlement, but after failing to get a positive result, I filed for divorce in July 2017, more than 3 years after she left.

Now in May 2018, she filed a Domestic violence case against me.

Learned friends, I would like to know answers to two questions:

1. I have read that since she filed the DV case after more than 1 years of separation and since she filed the case as a counter to my divorce case, it is not a strong case for her. Any comments will be deeply appreciated.

2. I am a govt employee and have a promotion upcoming in January 2019. Will the DV case affect my promotion if it is still pending by then?

Waiting for an early response.

Hello Gentlemen,
Every case in court is decided on its merits, anything can be said about gravity of case only after reading the DV petition filled by your wife. If interested can mail me your wife DV petition at deepakworkjoshi@gmail.com.
As you said you guys are not living together from long time then her case is automatically week.
As far your promotion is concerned don’t worry until you are found guilty nothing will affect you professional life.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:01:57 AM by Deepak Joshi »

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,

By filing the domestic violence case, it will not affect your job or promotion in any way. there is no criminal remedy available in the domestic violence act and all the remedies available is civi in nature in DV Act.
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Filing case against you by your wife is absolutely personal disputes and these cases will not affect on your promotion
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India