Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Wife's Suicide attempt & threats  (Read 455 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Amol Agrawal

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Wife's Suicide attempt & threats
« on: June 03, 2018, 08:09:56 AM »
Ours is a 7 year old marriage with 1 daughter. Whenever quarrels between us or with my mother over some small issues my wife threatens me to commit suicide & leave a note mentioning my name. She had attempted suicide 3-4 times previously but somehow I managed to save her. I have intimated to her family too but they are not giving much response or advising her. I have few recordings of this. How can I protect myself & my parents from any future mishappening, if any?

Offline kalaskarkk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Wife's Suicide attempt & threats
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:23:20 AM »
Dear Sir,

Attempt to suicide is also an offense if she commits such offense in future then simple hand over her to the police and ask them to book a case. Even now on her threats of black  mailings and your recordings police can book a case. Just threaten her through police.
The Section 309 in the Indian Penal Code lays down the punishment for attempted suicide.
There have been appeals to remove the section from different sources. In the Gian Kaur Case in 1996,[1] a five judge bench of the Supreme Court of India had ruled that the section 309 was not violative of article 21 of the constitution of India. The law commission of India had also recommended removal of the section from the statute. A bill in this regard was introduced in the parliament, but was not made into law.[2] The Supreme court in 2011 recommended to Parliament to consider the feasibility of deleting this section from the statute.[3] Even though the section has not been removed, the Mental Healthcare Bill has effectively decriminalized attempted suicide.
\ Section 309:
"309. Attempt to commit suicide- Whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence. shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine, or with both."

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
Call me for clarification

Offline settlementquick

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
    • Legal Advice
Re: Wife's Suicide attempt & threats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:03 AM »
Filling the divorce petition is concern, you can file it any point of time because now you have crossed the 1 year living period. In case, if your wife is living with her parental home then  issue a legal notice at that address for divorce on the ground of cruelty. The gound of cruelty would also included the acts of  abusing and threadeing the other half in the name of suicide. Recently Supreme Court of India held that the action of threadening other half in the name of suicide can be a ground for divorce. Issuing a legal notice would be helpful in future, in case that the unwanted incident happened in your life. Otherwise, if she is residing along with you in the same home, you can file a judicial seperation petition before the family court allegeing her cruel habits and can seek for judicial seperation life in the very same home. Choose either way it will helpful to you. lodging a police complaint would not help you if case such a incident taken place.
Choices exist for structured settlement annuitants to offer or exchange the rights to future occasional installments to buyers of structured settlement installment rights.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India