Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Police Not Filing of FIR  (Read 406 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pradeepkl

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Police Not Filing of FIR
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:28:38 AM »
I stay in a layout in Bangalore which has multiple apartments. A new Builder, in pursuit of getting Electricity connection from BESCOM to his new building , got a contractor approved by BESCOM to get the laying of cables done. To lay the cables, the contractors team digged the approach road of layout and in the process cut off the power cable leading to another apartment. BESCOM contractors fixed the issue by repairing the damage caused to the other apartment cable. The repair was not done properly resulting in very high voltage in all the flats of the other apartment. This resulted in damage to few electrical equipments in some flats and severe damage resulting in damage of all the equipments in few flats. While the work was carried out in layout, the Engineer from contractor was not in site, no sign boards /barricade were kept, no prior notifcation was given to layout association management committe and literrally no safety measures were taken at all. Both builder and BESCOM are washing their hands trying to escape. When the residents approached police station to file FIR, they were denied.  Rather they got suggestion to file FAR( Fire accident Report). Is this a cognizable offence under sec 2(c) of CrPC, 1973? If so, is the expectation from police  that they file FIR if approached with a complaint?
Please advise. quite urgent! Thanks.

Offline lf304

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Police Not Filing of FIR
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 11:42:03 PM »
i am not a lawyer but have faced similar situation. Usually you need to pay some money -FIR wont be lodged since the police need to work to close it.
But simpler to go through a local lawyer-they will handle it. If you don't know anyone head to the court complex near majestic. U can find folks who will work for a small fee

Offline kalaskarkk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 429
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Police Not Filing of FIR
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »
Dear Sir,
It is a cognizable offence and if police fail to issue FIR then you have two options.  Send complaint through registered post to DCP or Commissioner of Police.  further  you may lodge private complaint before Magistrate under section 200 Cr.P.C.


Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Retd Judge and Advocate
No.74, 1st Floor, “Disley”  House,
Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003.
Mob: 9686971935, 080-23461189
Call me for clarification

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India